Epilogue

HALOS mapugto ang hininga ni Melrose habang nakakapit sa seatbelt.

"Ahhh! Luciferus! Tangina!" Nahablot niya ang braso ni Luciferus at doon diniin ang mga kuko. Hindi naman nag reklamo ang asawa. "Bwisit! Magpa- vasectomy ka na pagka-anak ko!" She cursed him more and more.

"Mom, you're scaring me." It was Raven, their daughter, third child. And she's having their fourth right now.

"I'm sorry, baby, but mommy is really in pain right now." It was Luciferus who apologized while driving so slow.

"Can't my baby brother just come out?" Inosenteng tanong nito.

"He's definitely coming out," napahinga si Melrose. She can't take it. The excruciating pain was just so severe. She already had three kids and the pain was just getting worse and worse after one. "Eve, get me the clean towel, now!" She pull down her underwear and spread her legs.

Nataranta ang binata nila at mabilis na kinuha ang towel sa kaniyang bag.

"Baby, can't it wait? Malapit na tayo?" Namumutlang tanong ni Luciferus. Hindi malaman kung saan titingin. Sa daan ba o kay Melrose. She glare at him.

Nanginig ang mga hita niya sa pananakit ng tiyan. Sunod-sunod ang contraction niya kaya alam niyang hindi na talaga aabot.

"Just keep driving! I got this. Grant, can you give mommy a drink?" She try to asked calmly. May kamay na humaba mula sa likuran ng upuan niya. It's holding her tumbler with straw. Uminom siya saglit. "Thank you, baby."

"Welcome, mom."

"You can cover your ears, love." She breath in very shallow then she pressed her lips together. As the car move, she keeps pushing while her hands with clean towel placed between her legs.

"You can do that, baby ko." Pag- cheer ni Luciferus sa kaniya. Her seat was slightly reclined to give her a better position. Nakataas na ang paa niya sa harap niya pero walang sinasabi si Luciferus.

She catch her breath slowly before pushing hard. Pakiramdam niya may napunit sa kaniyang pagkababae nang tuloy-tuloy na lumabas ang sanggol sa pwerta niya. She quickly grab the baby with her towel and hug it against her chest.

"S-Shit! Shit!" It was Luciferus who was trying to get ahold of himself. Because if he didn't, sama-sama talaga silang aakyat sa langit.

The baby's cry made Melrose cry too.

"Shhh... Shhh, mommy's here, baby." She hushed the baby. Luciferus reach for her shoulder and give her a pat. That relieved her.

"Thank you, baby. Thank you. I love you." Luciferus was teary eyed.

"I love you, too, Luci."

Nang makarating sa hospital ay mabilis silang sinakay sa stretcher. She was accompanied by Luciferus and her OB-gyne. Until they're on their private room, Luciferus won't stop crying.

"What are we naming him?" Luciferus asked while she is breastfeeding their son.

"David, I want him to have my dad's name." Her tears fell.

"That's a nice name, baby," Luciferus kissed her forehead. "I'm sure your old man is smiling now."

"He is. He would be proud, baka nag yayabang na 'yun kung nasaan man siya kasi naka apat na siya ng apo." Lumuluha niyang turan. "I missed him, though, it's been two years but I still feel like it's yesterday."

"We will visit him when you're fine, okay?" Luciferus assured her. Nakangiti siyang tumango. He wiped her tears and give her a peck. "I love you, baby ko. Thank you for everything."