Chapter 19

Khushi comes downstairs and wishes Shalini 'Good morning'.

Shalini - Khushi, shall we do your pehli rasoi rasam today? Only if you are okay.

Khushi smiles - Sure ma. Just tell me what to prepare ma.

Shalini - Whatever you are comfortable with.

Khushi - Okay ma.

Saying she goes to the kitchen and starts preparing breakfast for everyone. Shalini comes in between and asks whether she needs any help. But Khushi tells her that she can manage. Anjali and Nikhil also come and see Khushi indulged in preparing breakfast. Khushi, with the help of the helper HariPrakash, arranges everything on the dining table. Meanwhile, everyone come downstairs and settle on the dining table. Everyone raises their eyesbrows looking at the items placed.

Anjali - Wow Khushi... Aloo parathe, Gajar ka halwa and Mango juice.

Shalini - Arey beta, why did you stress yourself so much. Just kheer would've been enough.

Arnav - Ma, you are thinking like this for just 3 items. On Aman's birthday she prepared Aloo curry, Puri, Biryani, Dhal, Raitha and Kheer in just 2 hours.

Manorama - Beta, you are runining my diet now. I can't control myself seeing these.

Aakash - Bhabhi, this morning I was craving to eat parathas and you made them. Thank you so much.

Nikhil - Seriously I can smell the aroma. They might be tasty.

Arnav - She cooks well Jiju. You don't have to worry.

Everyone eat and praise her culinary skills. Khushi serves everyone the halwa, except Arnav. She goes to the kitchen and brings out a bowl full of sugar free halwa for Arnav. He looks at her stunned. And everyone smile looking at her care towards him. She is slowly trying to mingle with everyone.

Shalini gifts Khushi bangles. Anjali and Nikhil gift her a saree. Manorama and Manohar gift her a necklace set. Aakash gift her a watch.

Aakash - Bhai, what are you giving Bhabhi?

Arnav - Should I also gift?

Anjali - Ofcourse, she is your wife na. You need to gift her for making such delicious breakfast.

Arnav - I don't have any idea about this. I will give her later.

Khushi - It's okay.

Aakash - It's not at all okay Bhabhi. He should gift you.

Arnav - I didn't tell I won't. I will gift her later. I don't have anything with me now to gift her.

Everyone smile and nod their heads accepting he will gift Khushi later and leave to their respected works. Khushi goes to Shalini.

Khushi - Ma, can I go to the supermarket nearby?

Shalini - If you need anything, tell Mohan, he will bring.

Khushi - It's okay ma. I'll go by myself. Can I go?

Shalini - Ofcourse beta. There is no need to take my permission.

Khushi - I will be back in an hour ma.

She hugs Shalini and leaves. Khushi tells Mohan that she will take an auto. Khushi taking an auto goes to a house, and rings the calling bell. The door opens.

Khushi - Aunty, can I come inside?

Neelam - How dare you come here?

Khushi - Is Siddharth inside?