Chapter 4

Khushi holding Aman's arm pulls him to the hall and makes him sit on the sofa. Arnav also follows them and watch everything, standing behind. She goes to the table, where she kept her bag, and takes out a small packet and a red thread.

She feeds prasad to Aman. Takes his hand in hers and ties the raksha daaga to his wrist and applies tika on his forehead.

Khushi - Happiest birthday! May devimaiyya, shower all her blessings on you and hope you get all that your heart desires.

Aman feels overwhelmed. He was never treated like this. Seeing Khushi his eyes glisten with happy tears. Khushi notices tears in his eyes.

Khushi - What happened? Are you crying that I didn't bring a gift for you?

Aman - No, not at all. This is the bestest gift. Thank you.

Khushi - You cannot escape like this, okay. You will need to give me party.

Aman chuckles - Ofcourse, birthday without party can never happen, right.

Khushi - Yes.

Arnav smiles looking at Khushi and Aman, maybe he had misunderstood her. Maybe she is a nice person.

Khushi looks at Arnav once and again looks at Aman - What did Mr. Khadoos gift you?

Aman chuckles - You know, no one dares to call him like that.

Khushi - Why, usne daring kharid li kya? That no one dares.

Arnav listens to this - Excuse me.

Khushi looks at him once and then looks away.

Arnav goes upstairs and come down with a box in his hands and gives it to Aman.

Arnav - Happiest birthday buddy!

Aman - Thank you.

Aman opens it and his face lighten up.

Khushi looking at his excited face - What did he give you?

Arnav - Miss.Bakbak is more excited than the birthday boy. I'm telling you be careful, she will steal it, if she likes it.

Khushi looks at him in an unbelievable expression - Oh hello, Mr.Khadoos, I don't crave or steal other's things, I'm happy with what I have. Samjha tum.

Arnav looks at her raising his one eyebrow and his lips pressed in a thin line.

Khushi looking at Aman - Will you do me a favour?

Aman - Ofcourse tell me.

Khushi - I want you to go to your room and come back only when I call you. Okay?

Arnav and Aman glance at eachother for a second.

Arnav - Why?

Khushi - Mr. Khadoos stay away. Don't interfere.

Arnav - Miss. Bakabak, stop calling me Khadoos, I have a name. It's Arnav. Call me with that.

Khushi - Even I have a name, call me with that.

Aman - You guys again started. Okay, we will come back only after you call.

Aman pulls the grumpy Arnav and takes him upstairs to their room.

Arnav - Where did you find this chatterbox man?

Aman chuckles - And I've never seen you arguing with a girl like this. She called you Khadoos and you didn't get angry and in return you called her Bakabak, I was shocked man. Is this the Arnav, I've known till now.