Chapter 23

After the casual day, in the evening, Khushi is standing near the poolside, embracing herself. She is relaxing along the breeze that is swirling around her. She is analysing Arnav's behavior, which is confusing her. It's been a week since the pool incident happened. After which, Khushi is unable to maintain direct eye contact with him. What happened to him? Is it because she claimed him as a gay he started behaving weird? Or is there anything else?

He started wishing her good morning on every day's beginning. They slept every night cuddling each other, and he even started flirting with her.

It's two days after the pool incident, where she was combing her hair, sitting in front of the vanity desk. She tied her hair into a pony, applied sindoor, and was tying mangalsutra around her neck, when suddenly, from nowhere, two hands held it. Khushi lifting her head looked through the mirror and was shocked to see Arnav, he pulled the mangalsutra more into her neck and hooked it up and traced the mangalsutra chain with his fingers along and placed the locket right above her heart. Unnoticeable to Khushi, her cheeks turned into crimson red. Holding her shoulder, he turned her towards him. Now she is facing him. Khushi looked everywhere else except his face. He tucked the hairstrand that was hanging from her forehead behind her ear. She lifted her eyes, feeling his touch. He moved closer to her, and she started breathing heavily because of the closeness. He moves to her ear and whispers, "Don't worry, I'm not going to eat you up."

She gulps in hard, he moves back, and lets his fingers travel from her neck to her cheek and then to her hair. He slowly removes the hairband, which was holding her long hair together. The hair falls free on her shoulders till her waist. Looking into her eyes, he says, "Leave your hair open. It suits you more." Saying he turns around and walks away smirking to himself.

When she was indulged in her own thoughts, she heard a knock on the door. Turning, she looks in the direction and finds Anjali standing there and smiling, looking at her.

Khushi -Di..

Saying she goes to the door.

Khushi - Come inside, Di.

Anjali goes inside, and both of them settle on the bed.

Khushi - How are you, Di?

Anjali - I'm good, Khushi. And you?

Khushi - I'm fine.

Anjali - How are the things going on with Arnav? Is he irritating you?

Khushi - No Di. In fact, he cares a lot about me.

Anjali - I know. You know what, I never thought Chote would get married.

Khushi keeps looking at her.

Anjali - I know that in whatever circumstances you both got married, it's forced. But, when Ma told me how he's taking care of you, I was convinced that both of you could get along together.

Khushi smiles, looking at her - Why did you think he wouldn't get married, Di?

Anjali face falls immediately. Khushi notices this and places her palm on Anjali's shoulder.

Khushi - Kya hua Di? If you are not willing to share, then it's okay.

Anjali looks at Khushi and sighes - No.. no Khushi. It's just.... nothing as you are Chote's wife. He needs to disclose anything to you.

Khushi looks at her keenly, sensing that it is something serious.

Anjali holding Khushi's palm - Khushi... I hope both of you stay happy with each other.

Khushi gives her a small smile. Anjali pats her back.

Anjali - Okay, I'll take a leave. Just came to see how you are.