Chapter 9

Khushi goes home, Garima tells her to freshenup. Khushi freshensup and come to the hall. Garima gives her coffee and some snacks.

Garima - So, how was your day?

Khushi - Superb ma. You know, Khadoos promoted me as his PA for a month, as Aman is having someother work.

Garima - Woah, that's great.

Khushi raising her collar - He said I was smart among all.

Garima - I know that.

Khushi catches her mother being so happy.

Khushi - What's the matter? You are looking so happy.

Garima - I met Shalini today.

Khushi - Shalini?

Garima - Ha, my friend. After almost 2 decades we met. She is my best friend. But due to some family issues, she moved to Delhi then.

Khushi - Really, great. So you found your long lost buddy then.

Garima smiles. Meanwhile, Shashi comes inside and see them chatting.

Shashi - Looks like, mother and daughter are having gala time without me.

Khushi - Nothing like that Papa.

Shashi gives Khushi a cover. Khushi takes it.

Khushi - What is this?

Shashi - Your favourite, Chocolate Icecream.

Khushi - Thank you Papa.

Saying she hugs Shashi. Shashi hugs her back and pats her back.

Khushi takes out the plastic cup from the cover, takes out a spoon and starts eating it.

Khushi eating - Papa, you know. Mama met her best friend today.

Shashi - Best friend?

Garima - Ha I met Shalini.

Shashi - Oh Shalini, great. Again both of you will keep hanging out frequently. Don't forget your husband and daughter, hanging out with your friend.

Garima - Well, it's not a surprise. I can even do that.

Shashi pouts at her answer, and Khushi chuckles looking at her father. Meanwhile, the door bell rings. Khushi goes and open the door and is shocked to see a man and a woman with Siddharth standing there.

Siddharth - Hey Khushi.

Khushi is having her spoon in her mouth, and ice cream cup in her hand. She takes out the spoon from her mouth.

Khushi - Siddharth, you here? And they?

Siddharth - They are my parents.

Khushi greets them - Namaste. Please come in.

She moves aside, giving them way to come inside. Siddharth and his parents come inside. Khushi goes behind them.

Khushi - Ma, Papa. He is Siddharth my school friend, we work together at AR. And they are his parents.

Shashi and Garima greet them - Namaste.

Shashi - Please sit.

Siddharth along with his parents sit on the sofa. Garima go inside to bring some snacks for them. Khushi stands beside Shashi who is sitting on a chair, diagnol to them.

Siddharth's father - I'm Neeraj and she is my wife Neelam.

Shashi - What do you do Neeraj ji?

Neeraj - I run sweet shop. We are having many branches in Delhi and Noida.