Chapter 14

Arnav and Aman are sitting in the hospital canteen. Aman is checking his mobile, while Arnav is analysing his own actions. What happened to him again? Why is he unable to process when he listens anything regarding Khushi's wedding? Why did he react in that way, when she was hurt? It felt like his life is going away from him when he saw her lying on the road with blood oozing out. Why is he so comfortable around her? It is unlike him. His thoughts are broken when Aman call him.

Aman - Arnie.. Arnie...

Arnav looks at him and blinks - Ha.

Aman - Kaha kho gaya? Kaha kho jaata ho yaar? (Where were you lost? Where are you getting lost buddy?) You are not even knowing what's happening around you.

Arnav - What?

Aman with a shock in his face - Look at this.

Aman turns his mobile to him, meanwhile Arnav gets a call. He lifts it as it is from his mother, Shalini.

Arnav - Ha ma.

Shalini - Chote where are you?

Arnav - Kya hua ma? (What happened ma?) Is everything okay?

Shalini - Did you see the news?

Arnav frowns - News? What news?

Shalini - Khushi's marriage is cancelled.

Arnav is shocked - What?

Shalini - I'm sending you the footage look at it. And Khushi is missing. She isn't anywhere.

Arnav is still shocked - Woh.. Khushi is in hospital.

Shalini - Hospital? What happened to her? Which hospital?

Arnav tells her everything that happened.

Shalini - Why didn't you inform any of us?

Arnav - Everything happened in a hurry. It didn't strike me.

Shalini - We will be there in half an hour.

Saying she cuts the call. Everyone were listening to Shalini's talk. She turned and told everyone that happened. Garima fell on her knees and cried her heart out.

Garima - What's happening with my daughter's life?

Anjali and Lavanya go to her and give her some support.

At hospital -

Arnav cuts the call, Aman looks at him.

Aman in a tensed tone - Arnie what happened? Did you see this?

Saying he shows him the news, which shows Arnav and Khushi's picture, her in his arms. Arnav takes the mobile in his hand and looks at it.

Aman - I'm really scared. How will Khushi react and Siddharth? I don't know.

Arnav - He cancelled the wedding.

Aman is shocked - What? How can he? He loves her right? Then how can he leave her? Her marriage is tomorrow. How will Khushi take this?

Arnav - Aman first find out who gave this picture to the media.

Aman - Yeah, I will do that. But when did this happen?

Arnav - We went to a family dinner with Khushi's family, she slipped and I held her from not falling. Don't know who clicked this picture.

Aman - Family dinner?

Arnav - I didn't tell you right, Khushi's mother and my mother are best friends.

Aman - Hope this news doesn't bring any differences among them. But I'm tensed about Khushi. She is very sensitive girl. Don't know how she will react.