Chapter 15

Khushi is getting dressed up for her wedding. Only Lavanya is there with her to help her with the lehenga. No one told Khushi what all is going to happen to her. The most unexpected thing ever is going to happen to her. She didn't inform Siddharth that she was admitted in the hospital, not wanting to make him tensed. Khushi is wearing her duppatta, and is unable to pin them together to her shoulder as they are heavy. Khushi keeps calling Lavanya who is indulged in her own thoughts.

Khushi - Lavanyaa.....

She shouts, to which Lavanya jerks.

Lavanya - Ha.

Khushi - Where are you lost? Shaadi meri ho rahi hai, Aur tum sapne dekh rahe ho. (My wedding's gonna take place and you are dreaming here)

Lavanya - Nothing like that.

Saying she takes the pin from Khushi's hand and pins the pleats of the dupatta together. Khushi turns to her. Lavanya hugs her tight, looking at her best friend's condition. She is so innocent, and don't know what has destiny kept for her.

Meanwhile, Shashi and Garima come to the room. Lavanya breaks the hug looking at them. Looking at Lavanya they can tell that she is upset with what they are doing. But do they have any other choice?

Khushi goes to Garima and hugs her.

Khushi with a smile - Amma......

Garima reciprocates the hug, but her eyes are pooled up with tears.

Khushi breaks the hug and looks at her. Going to Shashi she hugs him.

Khushi - Did you see this papa? Amma is so much happy that I'm finally going away from her, that she is having happy tears.

Saying Khushi smiles looking at her father, Shashi pats her head not knowing how Khushi will react to what they are going to tell her.

Garima goes to her - Khushi...

Khushi looks at her smiling. She wipes Garima's tears with her fingers.

Khushi - Amma, I was just kidding. Do you think I could live happily away from you guys? The best thing is we will be in the same city, so I can meet you whenever I want.

Shashi unable to hold himself hugs her and cries.

Shashi - Sorry beta. Maaf karo mujhe? (Forgive me?)

Khushi gets tensed - Papa, is everything okay? What happened?

Garima - Sorry beta. We are really sorry.

Khushi - Now you guys are scaring me. For what are you guys sorry? And why are you crying like this?

Not getting an answer from them, she looks at Lavanya who herself is in a crying mess.

Garima - Khushi your marriage is not going to happen with Siddharth.

Khushi is shocked - What??

She leaves Garima and Shashi whom she is holding on to until now.

Khushi is shocked, she looks down with tears flowing down her cheeks.

Garima - Khushi, but your marriage isn't gonna stop. We will not let this happen.

Khushi with tears whispers - What do you mean ma? But, why did they cancel the wedding?

Shashi - Khushi beta.

He goes to her and circles his arm around her shoulder.

Khushi cries hugging her father - Why didn't you tell this before? Why papa?