34-Gathering of Family

"Uhm, Hey." Ocean waved as she stood in front of the camera.

"I am just clearing up the misinformation out there. I do not know the rapper Kold and have never met him or anyone in his family. I actually just met Eden during my visit to my son's new school. Zach." Ocean waved, and he stepped into camera view in front of her.

"Hi, I'm Zach." He said, waving at the camera.

"We thought it was ironic how much our sons look alike, the two even got alone well so we exchanged info." Ocean said and then looked to Marcus.

He gave a thumbs up.

They had reshot that 3 times, and he was sure they could edit it well enough as an official public response.

The cameraman pulled back and stopped recording

"Wheew." She let out a breath.

"Come on, let's get changed so we can see what your dad is up to." She said as the cameraman looked at her and she headed

"Thanks again for doing this last minute, especially on a Sunday." He said, dapping the man up.

It was mostly small talk as Marcus waited for Ocean and Zachary to walk out.

He noticed a few people eyeing them curiously, but he was sure they wanted to know what they were doing there and recording nonetheless.

Caesar paid for a private studio for an official statement for Ocean.

Marcus had won him over by nagging him. He knew the last thing he wanted was for his son to be recognized as someone else's. But they both knew Eden could use the help. Marcus had mentioned the main reason she was too busy to meet was because she was busy fixing all the things that seemed to be falling apart.

That was simply because Kima and Pam's statements were complicating things and on the verge of derailing everything Kold had done.

Ocean climbed into the car, followed by Zachary as Marcus held the door

He looked at her, looking out the window.

Nothing had changed about her, she was still a beauty but something was off.

Marcus could tell.

Her phone was going off, it was her fiance and instead of answering it, she turned it over.

"So it's her?" Ocean asked, not looking at him.

Marcus was unsure if it was jealous or what.

Her face didn't scream jealousy but more pain or even disappointment.

"Yea, but she not fuckin-" He passed. 

"She isn't a fan of him." He said, looking at Zachary eavesdropping.

"Huh? What do you mean" Ocean turned.

"First, you must not have heard the whole mix-up and why everyone thinks he's racist." Marcus said, and the Ocean shook her head.

She had followed Caesar's career but not in detail.

"He dissed Eden after her first big performance and years of just being known as a writer and rapper's girlfriend." Marcus said, and she looked.

"Wait, and he wants her to write his album." She said, confused.

Marcus nodded.

He leaned back.

It was all coincidental and ironic.

"Life has a funny way of working out." He said.

"The one person who has everything he wants doesn't trust him." Marcus said, and Ocean nodded.