6. Little one

Chapter 6 - Little one

At home I sat in the sofa moping because I hadn't found out anything new. I was still very pissed at Evans and I was thinking of a way to get revenge for what he had done to us and is still doing to Megan.

Alfie was out in town to get some Wagamamas for the three of us and Jim was sitting next to me watching some tv. It was some stupid reality program about cupcake making. Normally I would love to watch a show like this to change my thoughts.

It was then that my phone rang from an unknown caller.

"Zoe Sugg?" I answered the phone.

"You sound really cute when you pick up your phone." It was Thomas who made me the compliment and my cheeks flushed red.

"Uhm, hi," I said shyly. Jim gave me a questioning look. I mouthed Thomas' name and he gave me a thumbs up.

"I was just calling to say that I miss you."

"What?" I blurted out. Was he starting up his flirt game again?

"I'm joking," he said quickly as he heard what I thought of it. "Your clothes are washed and waiting for you."

"Is it okay if I pick them up later? Jim's here now and-"

"Jim's there? I would really like to see him again."

"That's a coincidence because he would like to see you too." Jim's eyes met mine and he smiled happily.

"Tell him, he can come here tomorrow," Jim whispered.

I nodded and asked Thomas if he'd like to come over.

"Alright, I'll be there."

"Thank you," I said but I didn't really know why.

"Something else, I'm going to quit teaching," he announced casually like he was talking about the weather.

"What why?" I asked him.

"Pizza boy's here!" I heard Alfie yell from the entrance hall. "Wagamamas was closed so I stopped at-" He stopped talking when he saw that I was on the phone.

"Let's talk about this tomorrow," I told him.

"Alfie arrived, didn't he?"

"Yes," I admitted.

"Oh well... Bye little one."

"What did you just say?" I asked in shock, my eyes widening. Alfie was the only person who called me little one. Of course a lot of people knew that Alfie called me this way but nobody else would use that name because they knew this was a nickname between me and Alfie.

"You are a little one, no?" Was this really just coincidence that he called me like this or did he know? Was he playing one of his mind tricks on me again? I thought he didn't do that anymore since he knew I would always choose Alfie over him. Not that I had to choose. Thomas and I were just friends.

"Yes... but..."

"Goodbye," he hung up the phone. I stared in front of me for a while, processing what just had happened.

I was brought back to reality by Jim who was closing my open mouth with his hand.

"What just happened?" he asked curiously. I looked around me to see if Alfie was near but he wasn't. Thank god.

"He just said something... don't tell Alfie," I added quickly.

"Sure..." Jim said. "Should I be worried?"

"No!" I said quickly. At least, I thought there was no need to be worried.

"Let's eat some pizza!" Alfie yelled while jumping down from the last stairs. I put on a fake smile and jumped up from the sofa, leaving a confused Jim behind.

"Let's!" I shouted cheerfully.

After I had managed to get a whole pizza inside me I felt exhausted. We decided to not do anything active anymore as we were all feeling stuffed. I picked out a Disney movie that we all watched in the sofa together. Soon I felt so tired that I didn't follow much of the movie. I was cuddling up in Alfie's arms and had my eyes closed.

I wasn't tired enough to fall asleep with the noise of the tv but it felt nice to give my eyes a rest. Today had been a roller coaster of emotions. Emotions are exhausting.

"Alf, something's going on with Zoe," Jim spoke. I had difficulty to not show that I was awake but I wanted to know what he had to say.

"Wait, I'll first carry Zoe to bed, then we'll talk," Alfie whispered. Damn it.