18. Zoella

Chapter 18 - Zoella

I was having breakfast the next morning when I heard noises coming from upstairs. I hadn't seen Thomas or his chick yet. I guessed they would be coming down any time soon now.

As I predicted I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. A blonde girl revealed herself. She wasn't very tall but not short either. Her blonde hair was up in a messy pony tail which made her jaw line really stand out. Her hazel eyes soon met mine. I smiled politely at her but she gave me a nasty glare.

"Are you his girlfriend?" she hissed aggressively.

"Good morning," I told her friendly. "Had a nice sleep?"

"None of your business," she snapped at me. She now came dangerously close to my face, her eyes shooting fire. "I assume you are the friend he talked about. Stay away from him."

I gave her a confused look. Why was she acting like I was her archenemy? "Who even are you?" I questioned, no more friendliness in my voice.

"I am Helena," the girl smiled. "And you are Zoe Sugg."

"How do you-"

"Please," she interrupted me, "You're all over the internet."

"I am?" Panic filled my body. What was going on this time? Was it because of the Zalfie break up? I guessed so. But, I still haven't told Thomas that I was an internet celebrity. What if he saw an article about me? Would he be angry?

"Duh?" Helena said matter-of-factly. "You cheated on Alfie Denst with my boyfriend."

"Alfie Deyes," I corrected her first before I shouted at her. "I didn't cheat on him! I would never do that! And who is your boyfriend?"

"Thomas of course," she smiled proudly.

"I need to process this," I whispered to myself. I rushed outside to see that the ground had a little layer of ice shimmering on top of it. What was going on? First of all, yesterday I thought Helena was not interested in Thomas at all, but she seemed all about him. Secondly, how could a walk outside end with shagging your ex who dumped you in a very cruel way. And lastly, why did the media even think I cheated on Alfie with Thomas? How did they know Thomas? Did this mean that Thomas could find out any minute that I had lied to him?

"Zoe?" Thomas' calm voice sounded from behind me. I sighed but didn't move an inch. I could soon feel his body heat radiating against my skin. I was only wearing a tank top and a pair of jeans in this freezing weather so I was happy with a little warmth. "Why are you standing here in the cold?"

"Your girlfriend upset me," I told him honestly.

"She's not my girlfriend," he defended himself. "And she told me you were acting very mean."

"Because she started snapping at me!" I shouted at him.

"What did she say?" he asked but I didn't want to tell him. I'd have to admit that I had been lying to him.

"Can we visit Megan today?" I asked him, tears stinging in my eyes. I hadn't seen her in over a week. This would mean we had to drive a long way together and I would have time to explain everything.

"Sure," he said. I could hear that he wasn't too sure if that was the best idea, but he agreed.

He said his goodbyes to Helena while I was putting on some more appropriate clothes for this weather. I put on a thick coat over my clothes and some winter boots on my feet.

"Ready to go?" Thomas asked when I was back downstairs. I nodded and made my way to the car. I sat myself down on the passenger's seat and threw my purse on the back seat behind me. Thomas jumped in a second later and started the engine.

The first minutes were in complete silence. I was looking out of the window and he was paying attention to the traffic.

"How old is Helena?" I asked him to break the silence.

"She's nineteen," Thomas answered. Again the car was filled with silence. I couldn't stand it. "Is there something you want to say, Zoe?"

"What makes you ask that?"

"Because I know you and I feel there's something you want to tell me," he shrugged.

"Well..." I started, feeling very nervous on how he'd react. "I never really told you what job I had, right?"

His mouth was curved into a smirk, when he looked at me. "I was wondering when you were going to tell me."

"You know?" I asked suspiciously.

"Of course I do, I don't live in a cave, Zoella." He had the widest smile on his face. He looked so proud of himself that he already knew. He was like a little child.

"Why haven't you told me?" I said angrily.

"No, that's not how this conversation is supposed to go. I'm the one who should be asking you that, Zoella."

"Stop calling me that, I quit the channel," I shouted now.

"I know," he said again, still that proud grin on his face.

"Is there something you don't know about me?" I snapped. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked of the window again. I didn't want to look at him anymore.

"Of course," he answered. "You honestly don't think you can know a person by watching some vlogs?" So he knew I had a vlogging channel too? Just great. I shivered as I thought of what he possibly could have seen on there.

"I thought you could see right through anyone," I said, still feeling a little pissed.

"Of course not," he said offended.

"Do you know Helena, then?" I asked, wanting to wipe that proud grin of his face.

"What do you mean?" he asked, frowning.

"Do you know she's probably fucking you to get good grades?" I had no idea why I was feeling so aggressive. Out of nowhere Thomas hit the brakes really hard and I flew forward. Thank god I was wearing a seatbelt. "What's wrong with you?" I shouted out as I saw he had braked for no reason.

"No, what's wrong with you? You're acting like I've done something wrong but you lied to me Zoe," he fired back at me. The car started moving forward again and I fell back in the car seat. He was right. I was acting stupid. But why? I didn't even know myself.