Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Yin Hui felt Wei Zhou's "revenge".

He gave in to her verbally, and then made up for it in other ways.

The small inner room became a battlefield between the two. Although Yin Hui refused to admit defeat, she was defeated repeatedly in his iron-like arms.

There were moments when her consciousness was not clear, leaving only some fragmented images, such as the carved beams and painted buildings on the roof, the exquisite embroidery on the quilt, the mahogany texture on the window sills, and the pair of cold eyes that seemed to be staring at her persistently with leaping flames.

When everything returned to calm, Yin Hui felt like she was alive again.

The couch here was only about five feet wide, and the two of them shared a thin quilt, snuggling together naturally.

No one spoke, and no one wanted to move. Yin Hui put one hand on him unintentionally, just wanting to have a good sleep.

Wei Ruo closed his eyes and held her hand, he felt that each of her fingers was lazy, as if all the strength had been drained away.

Wei Ruo frowned as he felt sleepy, and prepared to get up and go back to his room to sleep. He lowered his head to look at Yin, only to find that she was already asleep, her long, wet eyelashes closely intertwined, and her cheeks as rosy as a crabapple.

Wei Ruo actually didn’t really want to move. She was sleeping so soundly that he simply stayed with her and slept there.

Yin Hui fell asleep quickly, but woke up before half an hour had passed. Her throat was dry and astringent, and she felt very thirsty.

She subconsciously reached under the pillow, but there was no bell there. She opened her eyes uncomfortably and met Wei Ruo's gaze.

Yin Hui touched her throat, "I'm thirsty. Please pour me a cup of tea. It's on the desk."

She was extremely thirsty, but he had thrown her clothes everywhere, and it would take too long to search for them one by one.

Wei Ruo noticed that her lips were a little dry. Thinking of her crying when she was unconscious, Wei Ruo turned around and sat up. He covered her with the quilt with one hand, grabbed his outer robe with the other hand and put it on temporarily, then strode out.

Yin Hui sat up wrapped in the quilt, swallowing her almost non-existent saliva with difficulty. Wei Ruo soon came back, holding a teapot in one hand and a tea bowl in the other.

Yin Hui didn't take the teacup, but grabbed the teapot, covered the quilt with one hand, grasped the handle of the teapot with the other hand, held the spout in her mouth, and started drinking.

Wei Ruo stood aside and watched her gulp down the water without any manners. She failed to swallow two sips in time and the tea flowed out from the corners of her mouth and slid down her neck.

Wei Ruo suddenly felt thirsty too.

Yin Hui finally put down the teapot and gasped for breath, looking as if she had been thirsty for three days and three nights without a drop of water.

"Thank you." Wiping her neck, Yin Hui returned the half-full teapot to Wei Ruo and lay down again.

Wei Ruo turned around and placed the teapot and teacups on the coffee table inside. Then he picked up the clothes that were scattered on the floor one by one, keeping her own clothes in his arms and throwing hers on the couch.

"Aren't you going to get up yet?" After everything was ready, seeing that she was refusing to move, Wei Ruo asked while putting on his own clothes.

Yin Hui turned around quickly.