Chapter 107

Chapter 107

On the thick and solid walls of Pingcheng, Princess Xu, Wei Yang, and the civilian defenders who followed them to protect the city all saw the returning cavalry of Prince Yan in the distance, as well as the imperial army retreating like a tide.

Everyone thought the city could not be defended, but the Prince of Yan came to save everyone like a god from heaven. How could the officials and the people not be excited and encouraged?

The voice of "King of Yan" resounded throughout Pingcheng for a while.

After the joy, Princess Xu ordered the soldiers and civilians defending the city to quickly clean up the battlefield and repair the city walls. She and Wei Yang walked down and met Liao Shisan who was entering the city.

Liao Shisan stood in front of the mother and son and explained how the Prince of Yan went to Jin to seek reinforcements.

To put it simply and tactfully, the fact is that the Prince of Yan took advantage of his personal relationship with Li Chao, the Duke of Jin, to invite Li Chao to drink, and then sent people to unexpectedly surround the Duke's mansion and arrested Li Chao's wives, concubines, and descendants. Li Chao was originally concerned about his friendship with the Prince of Yan and was not loyal to the court. After being forced like this, he obediently surrendered to the Prince of Yan.

Princess Xu secretly laughed at her husband's roguery, but at a moment of life and death, who could care so much?

She went to apologize to Mrs. Li in person.

Madam Li was sitting in the carriage, and had already seen the busy scenes of the military and civilians inside and outside the city. The Prince of Yan was brave, resourceful, and had the support of the people. After obtaining the 150,000 cavalry from Jin, he was even more powerful. This world should belong to the Prince of Yan.

Therefore, she dared not show any displeasure to Princess Xu, and led her family out of the car to pay their respects to Princess Xu and Wei Yang.

The host and the guest got along well. Princess Xu returned to the palace with Lady Li, and also brought back the good news that the crisis was resolved.

Yin Hui continued to sew the undershirt in her hands. After the siege in Pingcheng was lifted, her father-in-law and others would come back to celebrate the New Year in a while.

.

Whether it was the three guards of Prince Yan, the 100,000 imperial guards under Guo Xiao, or the newly added 150,000 cavalry led by Li Chao, Duke of Jin, they were all brave troops that had been trained at the border for many years. The soldiers on the court were neglected in combat and were no match for the combined forces of the three armies.

Wu Jian's Liaodong army had been fighting with the Yan army for several days when he was shocked to hear that the Jin Kingdom had deployed troops on the Liao-Jin border. He left overnight despite Lu Long's attempts to retain him.

Lu Long was defeated repeatedly at the hands of the King of Yan, and finally stationed his troops in Dezhou, hoping that the court would send reinforcements so that he could fight the Yan army again in the spring.

The Yan army had been fighting for a year and needed to rest and reorganize, so the King of Yan led his army back to Pingcheng and stationed outside. He and Wei Ruo, Wei Han, Cui Yu, Feng Su and his son, and other military officers in the city rode back to Pingcheng on horseback.

It was already the end of winter, and Prince Yan returned home. Princess Xu brought her family to the Duanli Gate to welcome the head of the family.

The weather was cold and windy, but looking at the father and sons on horseback, everyone in the palace showed their most sincere smiles, and looked at Prince Yan with even more respect.