Chapter 96

Chapter 96

When Fushan got married this time, she brought four maids with her. Two of them were bought from the Central Plains. They had been serving Fushan since they were ten years old. Fushan also learned a lot about the customs and habits of the Central Plains from them.

Whether on the grassland or in the Central Plains, women have to depend on men to live. The difference is that there are fewer rules and less red tape on the grassland.

Another point is that the royal family in the Central Plains is more noble, and the common people have to kneel down when they see them. When the people of the grassland see the Khan, they will approach him enthusiastically to talk to him.

In the eyes of the maids, the royal family is like the sky. Fushan didn't feel this before she came to Pingcheng. But today, after entering the Prince of Yan's Mansion and crossing the high walls of the palace, she finally experienced it firsthand.

However, her husband, Wei Han, the fourth son of King Yan, was really handsome, as handsome as she had imagined the talented men from the Central Plains to be, and not so weak.

After walking around the hall, side room, and inner room of the new house twice and carefully examining every furnishing, Fushan went to lie down on the bed.

This bed is so exquisite, with intricate and beautiful patterns carved on the top-quality wood. The wedding curtains are dense and thin, and the brocade quilt feels so comfortable.

There was nothing that Fushan disliked wherever she saw or touched.

Her father and brother were worried that she would be wronged in Pingcheng, but they didn't know that she had always longed for the prosperity and culture of the Central Plains.

It’s just that the journey was too long. Fushan was so tired after traveling in the carriage for a month.

The tired bride lay on the comfortable bed and fell asleep.

Night fell quietly. The four maids who came with the dowry saw that their master was sleeping soundly. They thought that the Fourth Master would sleep too. They would all lie down on the bed anyway. What difference would it make whether they woke up the princess or not?

The two maids from the Jin Kingdom thought so. After all, the two maids from the Central Plains were daughters of poor families and had never received training from wealthy families. They acted entirely according to the instructions of the maids from the Jin Kingdom.

So, when Wei Han arrived at the bridal chamber, seven parts drunk, only the maids came to greet him.

"Where is the princess?" Wei Han asked puzzledly.

A maidservant from the Jin Kingdom said, "The princess has fallen asleep."

Wei Han's face turned cold. What a bold princess! She went to bed without waiting for him on the wedding night. Was she relying on her status as a princess and not taking him seriously?

No matter how beautiful a woman is, if her personality is not pleasing, he will not be interested in her!

Leaving the four maids behind, Wei Han strode in, crossed the screen with a fierce look, and saw the bride lying in a red wedding quilt, revealing only her rosy face. She was sleeping soundly, her eyebrows were relaxed, and the corners of her mouth were raised, as if she had had a beautiful dream.

Wei Han was stunned for a moment, then deliberately sat down heavily on the edge of the bed.

The bride did not wake up.

Wei Han thought about it and carefully observed the bride he had brought back from the border at great pains.

Her face was white, delicate and tender, and she looked no different from the women in the Central Plains.