Chapter 169

Chapter 169

The most difficult city blocks of the Yu State were conquered by the Wei Army. In the following battles, the Wei Army was unstoppable and successively captured the east and west capitals of the Yu State.

At the end of February in the fifth year of Jinghe, the Wei army surrounded the southern capital of the Yu State and captured alive the Yu Emperor Li Ao and more than a hundred members of the Li family.

In order to demonstrate the power of the Wei Kingdom, the army beheaded the Li family and more than a dozen generals of the Yu State as a warning to the public.

While suppressing the Yu army with iron blood, the Wei army strictly abided by the military discipline established by Emperor Yongping and never violated the people of Yu, in order to win the hearts of the local people and facilitate post-war management.

Since then, the State of Yu was destroyed and became the Jiaozhi Province of the State of Wei, with the general Mu Cheng temporarily serving as the governor.

The army continued to stay in Jiaozhi Province for a month. After all the new officials in various places took office and the remnants of the Li ethnic group were completely wiped out, the people in the province gradually returned to normal life. Wei Ruo and Yang Jingzhong were ordered to return to the court. When the army withdrew from Jiaozhi Province, it was the early summer of April. This war that lasted for several months was successfully fought and resolved quickly according to plan, avoiding the long and hot summer that was prone to breeding miasma.

In early May, the army heading south arrived in Jinling.

There were a total of 350,000 Confederate troops, of whom more than 100,000 died on the battlefield. The remaining 250,000 Confederate troops were all transformed in the war and turned into a truly elite force.

Emperor Yongping led all civil and military officials out of the city to reward the three armies and personally poured wine for the soldiers.

The reward lasted for more than an hour. The triumphant soldiers felt the emperor's high regard for them, and the people of Jinling who were watching from afar witnessed the army's support for Emperor Yongping.

The previous four dynasties failed to conquer the State of Yu, but Emperor Yongping did it.

This southern expedition to the State of Yu not only made the people realize what a powerful and wise emperor Emperor Yongping was, but also deeply frightened the neighboring countries, wondering who would dare to provoke them again.

The people were happy that their country was prosperous, but the happiest one was Emperor Yongping.

It was the first time he sent troops abroad after ascending the throne, and the soldiers fought beautifully and did not embarrass him!

When rewarding the three armies outside the city, Emperor Yongping paid almost no attention to his own son Wei Ruo and Yang Jingzhong and others. After all, they were his confidants and he would have plenty of time to reward them later. He focused all his energy on rewarding those middle-level generals and soldiers who had almost no chance to see him, seizing the time to show an emperor's attention and appreciation for all the soldiers.

The middle-level generals were satisfied, and so were the 250,000 soldiers under them. They had met the emperor today, and some of them had even drunk the wine that the emperor had personally poured for them. This was an honor they could brag about for the rest of their lives!

Satisfied, the army retreated in an orderly manner. After staying in the barracks for a few more days, each army returned to its respective garrison.

Emperor Yongping brought senior generals back to the palace, where there was a real celebration banquet.