Chapter 155

Chapter 155

No matter how angry Wei Ruo was at his cousin's wild ideas about marriage, Wen Ruyue was the only flesh and blood left from his mother's family and was raised as a daughter by her mother.

Wei Ruo also remembered his uncle. Ten years ago, he came to Jinling to celebrate his birthday and visit his uncle. When his uncle saw him, there were tears in his eyes.

That is the warmth brought by blood ties.

Some people do not take blood ties seriously and put profit first, while some people value affection and will still be happy to see younger generations even if they have only met them a few times since childhood.

Since his uncle treated him like this, Wei Ruo also remembered his uncle's kindness.

Wei Ruo didn't want to entertain his cousin anymore, but he couldn't really leave her to fend for herself in the county princess mansion.

Two days later, Wei Ruo took the opportunity to go to the palace to report to his father and went to Xianfu Palace again.

Concubine Shun was afraid of her son. When her son was young, he had a stern face and she, as a mother, did not dare to say much. Now her son is thirty years old and is becoming more and more majestic. Concubine Shun's respect for her son even exceeds that for Emperor Yongping.

If her daughter-in-law was here, Concubine Shun would be more calm, but now that her son came by himself, she became restless.

Wei Ruo asked the palace maids to leave, looked at his mother, brought a chair to his mother, sat down and said, "Mother, I want to talk to you about my cousin's marriage."

The mother and daughter were so close to each other, and Concubine Shun clenched her hands nervously: "You say, mother will listen to you."

Wei Ruo then used a voice that only Concubine Shun could hear to explain the situation in the court, including why he no longer had private dealings with Feng Su and Feng Teng, father and son.

Concubine Shun lived deep in the palace, unable to see the situation outside or hear the discussions among the people, but after her son's analysis, she immediately understood.

Emperor Yongping launched the war just to fight for the throne. Would his five sons and brothers also go to that extent?

Concubine Shun’s face turned pale.

Wei Ruo held his mother's hand and said, "Don't worry, mother. My eldest brother is the eldest son and has been steady and virtuous recently. He is the rightful heir. I am cautious in everything, but I don't want to cause unnecessary suspicion. This matter is serious, so please don't tell anyone, including the palace servants around you and my cousin.”

Concubine Shun nodded repeatedly. She was a mother and would never do anything that might harm her son.

Wei Ruo continued, "My cousin wants to marry a noble. If I arrange for her to marry someone with real power, people will definitely be suspicious. If I only arrange for a noble who is in decline and has no achievements, that would harm her."

Shun Fei's tears fell down and she choked up, "Yes, mother just hopes that she can marry an honest man, a man who is willing to treat her well and whose family background can guarantee her food and clothing. But when she cries, mother can't say it out loud."

Wei Ruo took out a handkerchief, handed it to his mother and said, "No need for you to tell me, I have made my own arrangements, don't worry."

Concubine Shun believed in her son.

Although her son is cold and aloof, he is not heartless.

When Wei Ruo left the palace, he took with him a nanny who was in charge of Xianfu Palace and told others that the nanny was a gift from Concubine Shun to Wen Ruyue. But in fact, from today on, this nanny Huang would completely obey Wei Ruo's orders.