Chapter 52

Chapter 52

Early on the seventh day, Yin Hui got up with Wei Ruo. While she was combing her hair, she asked Jinzhan to arrange the carriage.

Wei Ruo looked over and asked, "Are you still leaving the house today?"

The word "still" made Yin Hui understand that Wei Ruo knew that she had done it once three days ago.

This matter really could not be hidden from him. The arrangement of carriages and horses had to be handled through An Shun'er, and An Shun'er was the most loyal to Wei Ruo, so he would definitely mention it to Wei Ruo. Wei Ruo did not ask her why she left the house that day, probably thinking that she was just fulfilling her monthly habit of going to Jinxiu Tower.

Yin Hui turned around, looked at him eagerly, and whispered, "Last time, something happened at the barbeque bun shop. We are going to Jinxiu Tower today. Is that okay?"

Wei Ruo was silent.

Yin Hui pouted at him. She didn't know if this trick would work on Wei Ruo, but every time she used it against her grandfather, he would indulge her.

Wei Ruo looked away with a stern face, but said nothing.

Not saying anything means consent. Yin Hui smiled and continued combing her hair.

An Shun'er was also clever enough to arrange the lady's carriage outside Donghua Gate, guessing that the lady would set off at the same time as the Third Master.

However, it was not known whether it was Yin Hui's bad luck or Wei Ruo's bad luck, but when the couple just walked out and came to the middle alley separating the front court and the harem of Prince Yan's Mansion, they saw Prince Yan also coming out from the Qinzheng Hall, and also walking towards the direction of Donghua Gate.

Yin Hui looked at Wei Ruo nervously.

Wei Ruo glanced at her and stood where he was.

In the dim morning light, the young couple stood side by side, one looked normal, the other seemed a little uneasy.

The King of Yan came closer.

Wei Ruo and Yin Hui bowed together, and Wei Ruo asked, "Is father going to leave the palace?"

King Yan said, "Yes, I'm going to the guard post and will take a look. Let's go together."

His eyes swept across Yin Hui's face and immediately looked away without asking anything.

The Prince of Yan took big steps and walked quickly, and Wei Ruo followed him calmly.

Yin Hui didn't want to jog after them, as disrupting her manners would only displease her father-in-law even more. So, by the time she left Donghua Gate, the Prince of Yan and his son had already ridden away on horseback.

Yin Hui took Jinzhan onto the carriage.

Jinzhan covered her chest, her heart pounding, and said to Yin Hui as if she had survived a disaster, "Madam, let's go through the north gate from now on. Don't be too greedy. We will definitely not be able to meet the prince if we go through the north gate."

Yin Hui pretended to be calm and said, "The prince didn't say anything. Look at what you have accomplished."

In fact, she was very worried that her father-in-law would scold Wei Ruo for allowing her to go out so frequently. If Wei Ruo scolded her again, it wouldn't be a big deal to be scolded, but she was afraid that she would not be able to go out again in the future.

However, today's matter is serious, and even though Yin Hui knows she will run into Prince Yan, she will still go out, but she will go out through a different door.