Chapter 57

Chapter 57

After breakfast, Yin Hui took Xiao Heng to pay her respects to Princess Xu.

The courtyard on Princess Xu's side is more spacious, but it cannot be compared with the one in the prince's palace. It exudes a simple and rustic atmosphere everywhere.

Xu Qingwan, Ji Xianxian, Wei Shan, and Wei Ying also arrived one after another, including Concubine Li and four other concubines of Prince Yan.

Princess Xu smiled and said, "The prince and his friends are out for a horse race, so let's go for a walk."

Upon hearing this, Ji Xianxian looked at Yin Hui.

Yin Hui kept smiling.

She also knew that it would be more interesting to go alone than to wander around slowly with a group of people, but today Princess Xu wanted everyone to go together, so who could ask for it? Wei Ying didn't express any dissatisfaction.

Walking out of the villa, there is an endless forest to the west, boundless green grassland with winding streams to the north, and a sparkling lake to the east.

Princess Xu meant that everyone should go for a walk by the lake.

Erlang and Sanlang ran and chased each other on the grass, shouting happily.

Although Xiao Heng had short legs, he loved to run. He would stagger along to catch up with his brothers with his wet nurse.

Princess Xu smiled and called Dalang and Meijie to join in the fun.

Zhuang Jie'er and Liulang both stayed in the palace. Silang vomited twice due to the bumpy journey and would not be able to go out to play for a while.

“I really want to go horse racing.”

Ji Xianxian took Yin Hui and walked together, and led Wei Shan and Wei Ying over, whispering to them, signaling Wei Shan and her sister to go and ask Princess Xu for instructions.

Wei Shan, "Let's go together."

Wei Ying, "It's okay to run tomorrow, it's okay to just walk today."

Ji Xianxian asked Yin Hui, "What do you say?"

Yin Hui smiled and said, "Just take it as one more day of rest."

Ji Xianxian couldn't persuade others to take the lead, and she herself didn't want to take the lead, so she had to endure it.

When they arrived at the lake, the maids spread out brocade mats under the shade of the trees and the masters sat down one by one.

Yin Hui's three sisters-in-law sat together with the Wei sisters.

Yin Hui took a sip of tea and her eyes fell on the children not far away. Dalang was quiet, Erlang and Sanlang were racing non-stop. Xiao Heng couldn't catch up with his brothers and was getting anxious. Meijie, the illegitimate daughter of the eldest wife, would run with him and deliberately let Xiao Heng win every time.

Seeing Xu Qingwan also looking at Mei Jie, Yin Hui smiled and said, "Mei Jie'er knows how to take care of her brother at such a young age. She is really lovable."

Mei Jie'er's biological mother was Xu Qingwan's maidservant who came with her as a dowry. She was one of Xu Qingwan's own people, so Xu Qingwan was also very concerned about Mei Jie'er's upbringing. Hearing this, she nodded and said, "Maybe she learned it naturally because she often played with Sanlang."

Ji Xianxian said with a half-smile, "At such a young age, she is already quite good at currying favor with others."

At this moment, Erlang, who was running, suddenly tripped and fell to the ground. Sanlang, who was following closely behind him, failed to brake and fell on him.