Chapter 117

Chapter 117

The fleet set out in mid-October, sailed south in a mighty manner, and arrived in Zhenjiang in mid-winter.

The common people at the dock were isolated by the guards. They stood on tiptoe and stretched their necks to look at the nobles who were getting off the ship one after another.

Yin Hui was wearing a veiled hat. After Wei Ruo came ashore, he stood on the shore and waited for her and the three children to come up before the family of five continued to move forward.

Behind them was the fourth room. Even Yin Hui could hear the sighs that Wei Han made when he stretched his muscles. It was obvious how hard it was for His Royal Highness the Prince of Xiang to be stuck on the boat for a month.

After a short rest at the post station in Zhenjiang, everyone got back on the carriage and continued on their way to Jinling.

Wei Ruo was riding a horse outside, while Yin Hui and the three children were sitting in the carriage. Only Ning Jie'er needed her care. Xiao Heng and Xun'er were both sensible enough, and each occupied one of the windows and looked out through the gap.

"Mom, why are all the trees here green?" Xun'er thought it was very strange. The leaves in Pingcheng would turn yellow in autumn and fall off completely in winter.

Xiao Heng explained to his brother, "Because this is Jiangnan, it is warm, so there are green trees in winter."

Xun'er stuck his little face out, and a gust of wind blew over, so he immediately retracted his neck and said, "It's very cold outside, not hot at all."

Xiao Heng pursed his lips.

Yin Hui smiled and said, "It's hot in the summer, and although it's cold in the winter, it's still much warmer than Pingcheng."

Xun'er accepted his mother's explanation and continued to observe the outside.

We traveled during the day and rested at the post station at night. On the afternoon of the third day, we finally arrived in the capital.

Emperor Yongping led all the civil and military officials to welcome the empress.

The convoy stopped in front of the city gate, and everyone in the vehicles followed Empress Xu out of the vehicles, then walked to the front and knelt down to pay their respects to the former Prince of Yan, now Emperor Yongping.

Empress Xu was in front, followed by the four concubines, then the five princes, then the princesses and grandchildren.

Emperor Yongping walked a few steps quickly and lifted Empress Xu up. He looked at the Phoenix Crown on Empress Xu's head and then at her gentle smiling face. Emperor Yongping held her hand tightly and asked with a smile, "Are you used to the road?"

Empress Xu said, "I just feel that the boat is moving too slowly and I can't see the emperor sooner."

The voice was very low, it could be considered a private talk between husband and wife. Emperor Yongping smiled, held Empress Xu's hand with one hand, looked at the family members behind him, and said with a smile, "Everyone get up!"

Several rows of people stood up straight.

Concubine Li Life looked at her cousin the emperor whom she had not seen for two years with tears in her eyes.

Emperor Yongping was more concerned about his grandchildren at the moment. Not to mention the four concubines, he didn't even look at the three sons who stayed in Pingcheng. He waved to the grandchildren behind him and said, "Come here and let your grandfather see you."