Chapter 157

Chapter 157

Wei Yang's crown prince enthronement ceremony was scheduled for early October. Before that, he and Xu Qingwan and other family members had already moved into the Eastern Palace.

The several palaces in Jinling are far less magnificent than the Prince of Yan's Palace, and because the East Palace is located in the palace, it is much smaller than the prince's palace outside the palace.

Because Concubine Meng gave birth to two imperial grandchildren, she was assigned an independent courtyard and was also given the title of Crown Prince's Consort. Her status in the Eastern Palace was second only to the Crown Princess and the two concubines.

Wei Yang became the crown prince, and Concubine Meng was of course happy. However, it had been more than half a month since he moved into the East Palace, and Wei Yang had not set foot in her courtyard.

Concubine Meng waited and waited, and finally, two days before the enthronement ceremony, Wei Yang came.

When they met, Concubine Meng looked at Wei Yang with a resentful look.

It was very unruly, but almost all the women around Wei Yang strictly abided by the rules and etiquette, which made Concubine Meng's coquettishness seem fresh and interesting.

"I was too busy. Not only to your side, I also didn't go to other courtyards." Wei Yang pulled Concubine Meng into the inner room, held her in his arms, kissed and coaxed her.

Concubine Meng snorted.

Concubine Bai was seven months pregnant, and Concubine Ye was three months pregnant. Wei Yang naturally would not spend the night at either of them. These nights he either slept alone or with Xu Qingwan.

Concubine Meng didn't feel too resentful. With Xu Qingwan's appearance and personality, she couldn't compete with her for favor.

When Wei Yang was first named the Crown Prince, he became more cautious in his actions. But that was when he was out in public. In fact, he was very happy and wanted to indulge himself.

Concubine Meng was the best way for him to indulge himself. The two of them tossed and turned in each other's arms that night, and the next morning, Wei Yang almost couldn't get up.

While there was still some time, Concubine Meng hurriedly gave Wei Yang a massage.

Wei Yang lay there comfortably, humming occasionally. Concubine Meng looked at the circle of fat that had accumulated around his waist and sighed in her heart.

She still preferred Wei Yang who had just returned from patrolling the river, because he had worked diligently and run around and had built up a strong body. But as Wei Yang returned to the capital, he began to do clerical work only, and the fat that Wei Yang had lost was slowly gained back. But he was also the head of the family, and no woman dared to comment on his body. No matter what Wei Yang became, they still regarded him as a handsome man.

His wives and concubines always flattered him, and the ministers would never discuss a prince's figure. Wei Yang didn't care and just ate and drank as usual.

After all, he is just a little fat. There are few civil servants who don't gain weight when they reach middle age.

Now that his waist was not so weak anymore, Wei Yang dressed neatly and turned into the gentle and elegant Crown Prince again.

On the day of the enthronement ceremony, in addition to the civil and military officials who came to watch the ceremony, a group of royal relatives also entered the palace with their families.

Xiao Heng and Xun'er both followed Wei Ruo, and Yin Hui only brought Ning'er with her, which was quite relaxing.

Ji Xianxian only brought Zhuang Jie'er with her. As for the two concubines in the Prince of Chu's Palace, one was in confinement after giving birth to Shiyilang, and the other was estimated to have given birth in the next two days, so she did not enter the palace.