37. Balcony Buddies

Jungkook’s room was dimly lit, a soft glow from his laptop screen illuminating his face. He leaned in closer, speaking animatedly to Hoseok, who was on the other side of the video call. 

“I’m so excited. Tomorrow’s the day; today I didn't find any chance to propose to him,” Jungkook said, a wide grin spreading across his face. “But, I’m finally going to propose to Taehyung.”

Hoseok’s eyes widened with delight. “That’s amazing, Hyung! Have you thought about what you’re going to say?”

“I’ve been rehearsing it in my head for a while. I just hope I don’t mess up,” Jungkook chuckled nervously. He has told Hoseok everything about how tommorows gonna be his wedding if things go right.

“Oh, and I bought the rings already,” Jungkook said, holding up a small box to the camera. “I really hope he likes them.”

Hoseok nodded approvingly. "These are perfect. Taehyung will love them, and he'll love you even more for this effort. Hyung, I'm leaving for Busan tomorrow. I'm eager to meet Taehyung. Bye for now; I need to pack and ensure I look my best as the groom's brother. 

As the call came to an end, Jungkook bid Hoseok goodbye, his heart racing with anticipation. He ended the call and spun around, only to find Jimin standing in the doorway, his expression curious.

“Hey, Jimin,” Jungkook greeted, trying to sound casual. 

“Hey,” Jimin replied, his eyes narrowing slightly. “Who were you talking to?”

“Oh, just my younger brother,” Jungkook said, trying to brush off the question.

Jimin stepped further into the room, and said, "Taehyung told me everything." 

Jungkook, silent and contemplative, looked up at Jimin with a mix of curiosity and concern. Jimin continued with both his hands folded on his chest, "Taehyung intends to cancel the wedding tomorrow, and I'm being direct. You need to hurry and propose, as your time is very limited."

Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise. He took a deep breath before speaking, "Wh... what? How do you know that I’m going to propose?"

Jimin, sensing the surprise in Jungkook's tone, smirked and said, "When I came in, I saw how quickly you pushed the ring box in your pocket. It's for Tae, right?"

Jungkook hesitated for a moment, gathering his thoughts. "Yes. I love him," he confessed, a soft smile on his face.

Jimin's expression softened, a warm smile spreading across his face. "I knew it." With that, he hugged Jungkook excitedly.

"I feel so happy for Tae," said Jimin while breaking the hug.

Jungkook took a deep breath, his eyes shining with affection. "You know, Jimin, Taehyung is my everything. He's my life, my reason to smile every day. I fell in love with him gradually, but now I can't imagine a single day without him. He has this incredible way of making everything better just by being there. His laughter, his kindness, his quirky habits... they all make me love him more each day. When I saw him after nine months, I swore to keep him safe from this world. The old, playful, and reckless tae is lost somewhere, but I'll bring that side of him out."

Jimin listened intently, a fond smile playing on his lips as Jungkook continued speaking. "I'm going to propose to him, and I’m not afraid of his answer. Because no matter what, he needs to know how I feel. Even if he doesn't feel the same way, at least he'll know my feelings."

Suddenly, Jimin burst into laughter; his eyes became cresent. "Hahahahahah."

Jungkook frowned in confusion. "Why are you laughing?" he asked, bewildered.