38. Diva in white

The sun rose, heralding the day when the fate of two people would be decided.

Taehyung kissed Jungkook hungrily, their bodies pressed tightly together. His lips moved with an urgent intensity, tasting and exploring every inch of Jungkook's mouth. Their breaths mingled, growing ragged with desire. Taehyung's hands snaked around Jungkook's shoulders, pulling him closer, feeling the warmth of his skin and the rapid beat of his heart. The world seemed to melt away, leaving only the heat between them. When the kiss finally broke, Jungkook, breathlessly, whispered, "I love you, Tae."

Taehyung jolted awake, sweat clinging to his skin. His chest heaved with heavy breaths as he processed the intensity of his dream. Why had he experienced such an erotic vision, especially with Jungkook? His face flushed at the thought. As he touched his lips, the vividness of the dream lingered, almost palpable. Shaking his head to dispel the lingering images, he rose from his bed to start his day. Yet, a gnawing curiosity and confusion remained, making him question his feelings and the nature of his dream.

Taehyung entered Jungkook's room, only to find it empty. Just as he turned to leave and continue his search, something shiny on the bedside table caught his eye. Curiosity piqued, and Taehyung moved closer to examine the object. It was his own earring. Confusion washed over him as he tried to recall how his earring ended up in Jungkook's room.

He vividly remembered wearing the earring on the day Jungkook sang in front of his entire family. He also recalled losing one earring and searching for it all day. But why was it here? Did Jungkook find it? And if so, why did he keep it?

Taehyung's mind raced with questions. Holding the earring, he felt a mix of confusion and a slight flutter of something he couldn't quite name. Did Jungkook feel something for him? Why else would he keep such a personal item? Taehyung shook his head, trying to dismiss the thought. Maybe the earring had simply been overlooked in the room, and there was no deeper meaning behind its presence.

But as he stood there, Taehyung couldn't shake off the feeling that there was more to this than mere coincidence. His heart pounded with an unfamiliar anticipation, and he couldn't help but wonder if this small, shiny object hinted at something more significant between them.

"Tae" Minhee's voice broke his chain of thoughts, bringing him back.

Taehyung hurriedly pushed the earring into his pocket and stepped out of Jungkook's room.

As Taehyung entered the bustling living room, he was greeted by a chorus of laughter and chatter. Minhee, noticing him immediately, made her way over with a mischievous smile.

"Well, well, look who's all dolled up!" Minhee teased, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "Why so dressed up, Taehyung? Got someone special to impress?"

Taehyung blushed, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "It's not like that, Mom."

"Oh, really?" she replied, arching an eyebrow. "Because Jungkook is waiting for you in the car outside. Don't take too much time with your dress fitting, you know what I mean right. Remember, you've got a wedding this evening!"

Taehyung's cheeks turned a deeper shade of red. "Mom!" he protested weakly.

Minhee laughed, patting his arm. "Relax, Tae. I'm just messing with you."

Trying to change the subject, Taehyung asked, "Where's Jiminie? I need to talk to him."

"Jimin's been out since morning," Minhee said, her tone softening. "He had some urgent work to do."

Disappointed, Taehyung nodded. He had wanted to talk about his tangled feelings with Jimin. Feeling a mix of nerves and anticipation, he stepped outside and slid into the passenger seat of Jungkook's car.