32. Little Leaks, Big Laughs

A flutter stirs within my chest, An unnamed feeling, without rest. A whisper soft, a gentle breeze, That leaves me caught between unease.

•☽────✧˖°˖☆˖°˖✧────☾•

The following evening, both Taehyung and Jungkook stood outside an apartment, their anticipation palpable. Taehyung rang the bell, and within moments, the door was opened by a woman named Bada. She immediately pulled Taehyung into a warm embrace, her eyes lighting up with affection.

"You didn't visit me yesterday," Bada chided gently before her gaze shifted to Jungkook, curiosity etched on her face. "Come inside," she said, stepping aside to let them enter. Taehyung wasted no time, dashing towards the bedroom with an excited grin to play with little Jungkook, leaving Bada and Jungkook alone in the living room.

Bada turned to Jungkook, her expression a mix of curiosity and suspicion. "Who are you?" she asked, folding her arms.

Jungkook offered a polite smile. "I'm Jungkook, just a good friend of Taehyung's," he explained, trying to ease her wariness.

Bada felt a flicker of confusion. Her child had the same name as Taehyung's friend. Then, realization dawned on her. This was the Jungkook Taehyung had spoken about so fondly. Taehyung had shared countless stories about their friendship, their first meeting, and the deep bond that had formed between them in such little time. Her thoughts were interrupted when Taehyung emerged from the bedroom, cradling little Jungkook in his arms. "I think Jungkookie is hungry," Taehyung said, his voice filled with tender affection as he approached them.

Jungkook's eyes widened in confusion, and he glanced between Taehyung and the baby, noticing they shared the same name. "The baby’s name is Jungkook too?" he asked, bewildered.

Taehyung chuckled. "Yes, he's named after you; she's Bada, my only family here. And this little one here is her child. She asked me to name him, so I gave her two choices, Jimins and yours; she chose your name. Well, it suits him. He is so cute and small, like a kookie," he said, smiling warmly at little Jungkook.

Jungkook felt his heart warm at the revelation that Taehyung had named the baby after him. It meant he held a special place in Taehyung's heart. He watched as Taehyung gently handed the baby over to Bada, his heart swelling with a newfound admiration for Tae. Seeing Taehyung in this nurturing role was both surprising and heartwarming. It was clear that this little family held a special place in Taehyung's heart.

Taehyung sat down beside Jungkook, a contented smile on his face. "I've been with Bada since I came to Bongsan; both of them are like my family," he explained, his eyes shining with sincerity.

Jungkook nodded, a smile spreading across his face. "I can see that," he replied softly. The bond between Taehyung and this small family was undeniable, and Jungkook felt honored to witness this side of him.

As they settled into the cozy apartment, Taehyung looked at Bada with a touch of hesitation. "Bada, I wanted to let you know that I’m going back to Busan to visit my family."

Bada’s face softened with understanding, but before any sentimentality could take hold, she clapped her hands together. "Well, you can't leave without having dinner here first! You both must stay."

Taehyung smiled gratefully. "Of course, we'll stay. And I'll help in the kitchen."

With that, Taehyung headed to the kitchen to assist with dinner preparations, leaving Bada and Jungkook in the living room with Little Jungkookie. Jungkook, a bit awkward at first, soon found himself playing peek-a-boo with the baby, much to the little one's delight.