46. Silent Confessions

Both of their faces turned a deep shade of red, and Taehyung could feel the heat rising up to his ears.

Oh god! Does Jungkook wants to do it, why else would he bring so many contraceptives? but I am not ready. What should I do? Said Taehyung in his mind.

Jungkook was the first to break the silence, though his voice came out slightly higher-pitched than usual. He scratched the back of his neck, trying to muster some composure. “This... this isn’t me. It must’ve been Hoseok’s doing.”

Taehyung, still reeling from the unexpected reveal, quickly pointed at his own suitcase. “And this... this has to be Jimin’s doing!”

The room fell silent for a few seconds, the air thick with shared embarrassment. Then, almost in unison, they both burst into laughter. The absurdity of the situation was too much to handle, and the tension evaporated in an instant.

Jungkook doubled over, holding his stomach as he laughed. “I can’t believe Hoseok did this! He’s always pulling pranks, but this is on another level!”

Taehyung wiped tears from his eyes, still giggling. “And Jimin! I should’ve known he’d do something like this.”

Their laughter filled the room, a perfect blend of relief and amusement. It was a moment that broke the ice, making them both feel more at ease.

Jungkook finally caught his breath and looked at Taehyung with a warm smile. “Why don’t you go have a bath first? I’ll put these things away.”

Taehyung nodded, grateful for the chance to escape the embarrassing situation. He grabbed his toiletries and headed to the bathroom, leaving Jungkook to deal with the mess. "I am saved," he muttered to himself.

Jungkook turned back to the suitcases, feeling his cheeks heat up again as he looked at the lingerie. He quickly shoved the lacy items back into Taehyung’s suitcase, trying to ignore the image of Taehyung wearing them. He then did the same with his own suitcase, hiding the condoms, and headed to the other bathroom for a shower.

After a relaxing bath, Taehyung stepped out of the bathroom, feeling refreshed. Jungkook was nowhere in sight, so he guessed he must still be in the other bathroom. Taehyung wandered over to the balcony and stepped outside, enjoying the breathtaking view of the city lights twinkling in the night. The cool breeze helped to calm his nerves.

Suddenly, Taehyung felt strong arms wrap around him from behind. He tensed for a moment, then relaxed as he recognized Jungkook’s familiar touch. Jungkook rested his chin on Taehyung’s shoulder, his warm breath tickling Taehyung’s ear. “My angel, let’s sleep,” he whispered softly.

Goosebumps prickled Taehyung’s skin at Jungkook’s words. He could feel the heat of Jungkook’s bare chest against his back, and he realized that Jungkook was only wearing his pajamas. The intimate closeness made Taehyung’s heart race, and he swallowed hard, trying to steady his breathing.

Jungkook tightened his embrace slightly, pressing a gentle kiss on Taehyung’s neck. “Come on,” he murmured, his voice a soothing balm to Taehyung’s anxiety.

They both settled on the bed. Taehyung lay there, his mind swirling with thoughts and questions. He debated with himself, wondering if he should ask Jungkook about what had been bothering him. Hesitation gripped him, but as Jungkook began to lie down, Taehyung reached out and stopped him.

Jungkook looked at him with a mix of curiosity and concern. "What is it?" he asked gently.

Taehyung took a deep breath, his voice barely above a whisper. "I... I want to ask you something."

Jungkook immediately sat up, facing Taehyung. They both crossed their legs on the bed, and Jungkook took Taehyung's hands in his own, giving them a reassuring squeeze. "Ask me whatever is on your mind, Angel," he encouraged, his eyes soft and inviting.