34. Rings of Eternity

Jungkook took a deep breath, his mind racing with the conversation he knew he needed to have. "Actually, Tae, there's something I've been wanting to talk to you about..."

Then an idea suddenly popped into his brain.

"Uh, Tae, there's some urgent work I have to do. You go to the hotel room and pack up. I'll come later, and then we'll leave for Busan," he blurted out, his words tumbling over each other. Before Taehyung could respond, Jungkook bolted from the restaurant like a sprinter at the Olympics.

Taehyung stood there, bewildered, watching Jungkook disappear into the distance. He called after him, "Jungkook, wait! What urgent work?" But Jungkook was already a blur, racing down the restaurant. 

Feeling confused and slightly abandoned, Taehyung glanced around the restaurant. "Well, I guess it's just me and my ice cream now," he said to himself, shrugging. He took a big, satisfying bite of his dessert, finding solace in the creamy sweetness.

Taehyung strolled leisurely back to the hotel, savoring his ice cream. As he reached the room and fumbled with the keycard, he couldn't help but chuckle at the absurdity of the situation. "He really left me for urgent work... What could possibly be so urgent?" he mused aloud.

Meanwhile, Jungkook ran straight to the nearest jewelry store. His mind was racing as he scanned the display cases, looking for the perfect ring. Finally, he found it—a beautiful, elegant ring that he knew Taehyung would love. Without hesitation, he bought it, along with a matching set for both of them.

 Without hesitation, he bought it, along with a matching set for both of them

Jungkook smiled as he held the rings. The jeweler had done a fantastic job engraving them. On the inside of Taehyung's ring, the words "You are my Euphoria" were delicately etched, a reminder of the joy and bliss Taehyung brought into Jungkook's life. On Jungkook's own ring, their initials "J & T" were intertwined, symbolizing their unity and love.

With the ring boxes safely tucked into his pocket, Jungkook sprinted back to the hotel. His earlier panic was replaced by a mix of excitement and nervousness. He rehearsed what he was going to say in his head, determined not to mess this up.

Back at the hotel, Taehyung had made himself comfortable, sprawled out on the bed with his finished ice cream cup beside him. 

A few minutes later, Jungkook arrived at the hotel, his heart pounding. He took a moment to gather his thoughts before knocking on the door. Taehyung opened it almost immediately, a curious look on his face.

"Jungkook, what's going on? You look like you ran a marathon," Taehyung teased.

Jungkook smiled, trying to steady his nerves. "Tae, there's something really important I need to tell you. And show you."

Taehyung's playful expression turned serious. "Okay, I'm listening."

"I....uh...I'll tell you when we'll reach Busan," Jungkook said, his voice trembling slightly. He couldn't confess to Taehyung now, thinking it would be more meaningful after Taehyung reunited with his family. Taehyung would be super happy then, surrounded by the warmth and love of his loved ones. Maybe there would be more chances of Taehyung saying yes then.