c105

Just for tonight

Rosalie sat delicately on the edge of her comfortable bed, wrapped in four fluffy, pristine white towels. Her attention was fixed on Aurora, who danced nervously amidst a sea of perfumed powders and lotions arranged meticulously on the makeup table before her. The luxurious two-hour bath Rosalie had just indulged in, complete with a thorough scrub and hair-washing, proved more exhausting than she had expected. Having to repeat her elaborate morning routine added to her already jittery nerves.

Watching Aurora's meticulous preparations, Rosalie couldn't shake her nervousness. Her thoughts wandered as she pondered the night ahead.

"At first, I was bewildered, but then it dawned on me that tonight's 'first' night is a crucial part of the wedding ceremony. Though it's just for show tonight, I feel guilty for Aurora's wasted effort. Yet, if we wish to avoid detection, we must play our parts until the end."

"...am I right, Lady Rosalie?"

The maid's cheerful voice interrupted Rosalie's thoughts, drawing her attention to Aurora, who stood before her with a sly smile.

"My Lady, is this the outfit you've chosen for tonight?"

Lady Ashter looked at what Aurora held—a short, semi-transparent boudoir dress in delicate blush-pink lace, adorned with wispy silk ribbons cascading from loose sleeves. She was momentarily speechless.

Taken aback, Rosalie quickly took the dress from Aurora and tossed it onto the bed behind her with a dismissive flick of her wrist.

"Aurora, where did you find that? My usual nightgown will do just fine; no need for elaborate preparations."

But Aurora had other ideas. She closed her eyes, frowned disapprovingly, and shook her head vigorously.

"Nonsense, My Lady! Lady Cecilia Bennett sent us this dress specially for tonight. It would be rude not to honor her gesture!"

Though Rosalie wanted to protest, an inexplicable force kept her silent. She sighed, realizing it would be easier to comply now than to argue further. With a resigned nod, she gave in, her tone showing reluctant acceptance.

"Very well. Let's go with Lady Cecilia's nightgown, then. Aurora, please help me get dressed."

***

After all the meticulous preparations were done, it was well past midnight when Rosalie found herself in Damien's luxurious yet somewhat imposing bedroom.

'I expected him to have a separate room prepared... Strangely, sharing this space feels comforting.'

With a nervous breath, she closed her eyes, sinking into Damien's expansive bed. The silk-embroidered blanket beneath her felt invitingly warm. She stretched out, tracing patterns on the bedcover with her fingertips, a faint smile appearing on her lips.

'This bed... It carries his scent. How strange that I've grown accustomed to it.'

As the thought drifted through her mind, Lady Ashter noticed the Duke's scent growing stronger, as if he were right beside her. Instinctively, she opened her eyes to find Damien towering over her. His face, flushed with emotion, hovered close to hers, his sharp eyes darting across her features.

"Oh... Your Grace, you're here..."

Rosalie felt immobilized, unable to gather her thoughts or move. Slowly, she realized Damien had joined her on the bed, his large frame encroaching on her space, his dark hair falling over his intense golden eyes. His breath was uneven, his heartbeat echoing in the quiet room.

Summoning all her strength to calm herself, Lady Ashter swallowed hard and parted her lips, finding the courage to speak.

"Your Grace... Is--"

"Lady Rosalie..."

Finally, Damien's soft voice interrupted, his gaze briefly lingering on her lips before he continued.

"I understand it's meant to be a formality, but... Are you still willing to go through with it?" Damien's question hung in the air, and Rosalie's eyes widened in understanding. She realized this wasn't just part of their planned wedding night; Damien truly desired her.

She let her gaze wander down his face, lingering briefly on his tempting lips. Her scrutiny continued, tracing the lines of his neck and the broad, muscular expanse of his chest. His black silk robe hung open, revealing his chiseled physique and evident arousal.

Damien couldn't look away from Rosalie's blushing face, waiting for her answer.

Finally, she met his gaze again, took a deep breath, and closed her eyes briefly, trying to quiet her racing thoughts.

"This could end it all if I say no now. It would be the end of the charade. But why... Why can't I refuse? Is this the real me emerging? Or just my own desire? Just this once... Before he returns to Evangelina. Just this once, without the influence of Acme's power. Can I be selfish this once?"

Rosalie was about to respond when Damien surprised her, his warm, velvety lips pressing against hers in a tender kiss filled with longing. He pulled back slightly, his words brushing softly over her flushed lips.

"I can't resist, Rosalie... I'll give you five seconds to stop me, but after that..."

"I won't. Don't stop," Rosalie interrupted, her voice filled with desire.

Taking charge, she wrapped her arms around Damien's neck, pulling him closer, unafraid of his large frame. Their lips met again, the kiss deepening as passion fueled by greed and lust consumed them.

As their embrace intensified, Damien's rough hand caressed her cheek, then traced down her neck and collarbones, finally settling on her breast, his touch igniting a sharp gasp from Rosalie. They broke apart momentarily, allowing her to catch her breath, while Damien's lips continued their exploration, trailing kisses down her heated skin.

With a gentle yet forceful motion, he tore Rosalie's pristine white nightgown like a wild beast, revealing her slender, beautifully sculpted body. Damien fixed his deep golden eyes on her, as if committing every detail to memory. Pressing his wet lips against her soft skin, he began to kiss her chest slowly, marking her with his fervent desire.

Rosalie's thoughts started to blur once more. Previous encounters, when they exchanged under Acme's influence, were hazy and intoxicating, devoid of personal volition. This time felt different yet strangely familiar. Damien's touch sent delicate tremors through her, evoking involuntary sighs of pleasure.

As Damien's tongue played with her nipples, his warm hand ventured lower, gently exploring her crotch. His fingers slid over her sensitive skin, awaiting her response. Rosalie couldn't help but emit a quiet moan, which made Damien smirk. He softly bit her neck and increased his caresses, relishing every sigh and gasp that escaped her parted lips.

"Your Grace... I--"

"Damien."

Teasingly slow, Damien lifted himself, his lips brushing against Rosalie's ear. His warm breath and slightly damp hair teased her skin as he whispered intimately,

"At least for tonight, call me Damien."