The Hasty Decision

I felt a surge of panic as I realized that Lena had hung up the phone. I didn't even get a chance to explain what was going on. I was left standing there, staring at the phone in my hand, wondering what just happened.

And then I heard it. The sound of footsteps coming from the hallway. Someone was approaching.

I had to act fast. I quickly looked around the room and spotted a large trash bag on the floor. I grabbed it and rushed over to the agent's body. I knew it was a terrible idea, but I didn't have any other choice.

I quickly dragged the body into the bathroom and began to hide it under the sink. I tried to cover it with towels and clothing, hoping that no one would find it anytime soon.

As I finished, I heard the door to the room creak open. I held my breath, hoping that whoever it was wouldn't come in here. But they didn't. Instead, they stopped outside the bathroom door and called out.

"Hello? Is anyone there?"

I froze, my heart pounding in my chest. Who was it? And what did they want?

Suddenly, I heard footsteps moving away from the bathroom door. The person had given up and left.

I let out a sigh of relief, but it was short-lived. As I turned to leave the bathroom, I saw something that made my blood run cold.

On the counter, next to the sink, was a small notebook. And open to a page with a message scrawled in red ink:

"I know what you did."