Ava's Panic

I felt like I'd been punched in the gut. How did Officer Johnson know? I thought I'd covered my tracks so well. But now, it seemed like he was closing in on me.

I frantically scanned my surroundings, my heart racing with panic. I was alone in my apartment, but I could hear the sound of sirens outside. They were coming for me.

I stumbled to the bathroom and locked the door behind me, trying to catch my breath. But my mind was racing. How had he found out? Had I made a mistake? Was it the note? The receipt? The argument with Mr. Smith?

I tried to calm down, telling myself that it couldn't be as bad as it seemed. But my hands were shaking as I stared at myself in the mirror.

What if they found out what I'd done? What if they discovered that I was a...a...killer?

I couldn't think about it. I had to focus on staying calm and figuring out what to do next.

But as I stood there, trying to collect my thoughts, memories began to surface. Fragments of images, sounds, and emotions flooded my mind. And suddenly, everything clicked into place.

I remembered it all. The murders, the planning, the stalking...it was all so clear now.

And with that realization came a wave of horror. What had I done? What kind of monster had I become?

I didn't know how much time had passed since Officer Johnson's call. It felt like an eternity had gone by since he'd dropped that bombshell. But when I finally emerged from the bathroom, I knew what I had to do.

I had to disappear.

I quickly gathered some clothes and essentials, stuffing them into a backpack. My mind was racing with scenarios, but one thing was certain - I couldn't stay here.

As I rushed out of the apartment, I felt a sense of relief wash over me. Maybe this was the start of a new chapter, one where I could leave my dark past behind.

But as I glanced back at my apartment building, a chill ran down my spine. Officer Johnson was still out there, closing in on me. And when he found me...

I didn't dare think about it.

For now, all I could do was keep running...