The Darkness

I couldn't shake off the feeling of guilt and shame that had been building inside me since we killed Leland. I felt like I was losing my mind, consumed by the darkness that had taken over.

As the days passed, I became increasingly paranoid and detached from reality. I started to see things that weren't there, heard voices in my head, and felt like I was losing control.

One day, in a fit of rage and despair, I turned on Lena. "You're responsible for this," I screamed at her. "You're the one who made me do it."

Lena's expression didn't change, but her eyes seemed to glint with a malevolent light. "Oh, Ava," she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "You're so dramatic. The police are already on their way."

I felt a chill run down my spine as she pulled out her phone and showed me a text from the police. "You're going down for this, Ava," she said, her eyes laughing with a mad intensity.

I felt like I was trapped in a nightmare from which I couldn't wake up. I tried to attack Lena again, but she was too quick for me. She pinned me to the ground, her eyes blazing with a crazy light.

"You're so predictable, Ava," she said, her voice dripping with malice. "You're so weak."

And then, everything went black.

When I came to, I was alone in my room. Lena was nowhere to be seen. But on my bedside table was a note.

"I'm sorry it had to end like this," it read. "But you were always meant to be the one who took the fall."

I stared at the note in horror as the truth dawned on me. Lena had manipulated me all along. She had planned for me to take the blame for Leland's murder all along.

And then, it hit me - what had happened was too much for me to handle. The guilt, the shame, the madness that had consumed me... it was all too much.

In a moment of despair, I grabbed a nearby bottle of pills and downed them. The world around me began to fade away, and I knew that I would never have to face the consequences of my actions again.

The darkness had finally consumed me completely.