The Aftermath

I couldn't believe what I had just done. I had helped Lena kill her uncle, and now I was feeling consumed by a darkness I didn't know existed.

As we drove away from the scene, Lena was quiet, her eyes fixed on the road ahead. I was silent too, my mind racing with the implications of what we had done.

We didn't speak until we were back at my place, parked in the driveway. Lena turned to me, her expression unreadable.

"It's done," she said, her voice flat.

I nodded, feeling a sense of relief wash over me. It was done, but at what cost?

"I never thought it would feel like this," I said, my voice shaking slightly.

Lena's gaze pierced me. "You didn't think about how it would feel at all," she said, her voice cold.

I felt a pang of guilt. She was right. I had let my desire to help her overrule my better judgment.

"What did you expect?" I asked, trying to defend myself.

Lena shrugged. "I expected you to be horrified. To tell me I was crazy for even considering it."

I shook my head. "I was trying to help you."

Lena's expression softened slightly. "You were trying to help me escape my demons," she said. "But in doing so, you're helping me become one of them."

I felt a chill run down my spine. She was right again.

As the night wore on, the feeling of unease grew stronger. What had we done? What had I done?

Lena seemed to sense my turmoil and leaned over to put a hand on my arm.

"We'll get through this," she said. "Together."

But that wasn't true. We couldn't get through this together. We had crossed a line...