The Truth Revealed

I stared at the message in horror, my mind racing with possibilities. Who could have written this? And how did they know what I did?

I felt a chill run down my spine as I realized that I was in grave danger. Whoever wrote this message was watching me, and they knew my deepest secrets.

I tried to shake off the feeling of unease and think clearly. I needed to get out of there as fast as possible. But before I could make a move, I heard a faint noise coming from the bathroom.

It sounded like someone was trying to get my attention. I slowly turned back to the bathroom door and listened intently. The noise stopped, and I was left standing there in silence.

Suddenly, the lights in the room began to flicker. It was as if someone had triggered the emergency lighting system. I felt a sense of unease wash over me as I realized that I was completely alone in the dark.

And then, just as suddenly as it started, the lights went back on. I was left standing there, wondering what was happening.

I had to get out of there, but my legs felt like lead. I forced myself to move towards the door, trying not to make any noise. As I reached for the handle, I heard a faint whisper in my ear.

"You shouldn't have done it."

I spun around, but there was no one there. The voice seemed to come from all around me.

Suddenly, the lights flickered again, and then went out completely. I was plunged into darkness.

I was paralyzed with fear as I stood in the dark room, trying to process what was happening. The whisper in my ear, the flickering lights, it all felt like a trap. I had to get out of there, but my legs wouldn't move.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming from the hallway. They were light and quiet, but I knew they were getting closer. I tried to call out for help, but my voice was caught in my throat.

The footsteps stopped right outside the room. I could feel someone's presence, watching me. And then, a faint light appeared in the hallway.

Lena walked into the room, her eyes fixed on me. She was the one who had been calling me on the phone, and now she was here in front of me.

"You're a hard woman to find," she said, her voice dripping with malice.

I tried to speak, but she cut me off. "You killed so many people, didn't you? You thought you could get away with it, but you didn't count on me."

I was frozen in terror as she took a step closer. She pulled out a small notebook from her pocket and flipped through the pages.

"You see, I have a little collection of secrets," she said, her eyes glinting with excitement. "And yours is one of them."

She stopped on a page and pointed at a photo of me. It was an old picture, taken years ago when I was still in college.

"This is you," she said. "And this is what you did."

I felt a wave of panic wash over me as I realized what was happening. Lena had been stalking me for years, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

And now that moment had come.