21. Lockpicker.

Taylor slowly stood up from her seat, the same with Carmen and Rosa. Taylor stared at Miguel eagerly, just wanting to run into the room and throw her arms around his shoulders, but she knew that she couldn't.

Taylor looked over at Carmen, who was crying. But not a sad sort of crying. She was crying happy tears. Same with Rosa. But no sort of tears could escape Taylor's eyes. Except, a smile appeared on her lips before looking back at Miguel.

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

Soon after, the doctors came out and said that they could all go in and see Miguel, but respectfully, Taylor stood behind and let Carmen and Rosa go in first, since they were his real family and all.

Taylor thought about leaving and going back to Quinn, but she didn't know if she could or not. She didn't want to seem rude to Carmen and Rosa, and she wanted to see Miguel. But maybe now wasn't the right time. Seeing him first out of all his friends would be selfish.

So, Taylor got up and went to walk back down the hall, but the door to Miguel' room opened and Rosa rushed out, quickly grasping Taylor's shoulder.

Taylor quickly turned around but eased once she saw it was Rosa.

"Rosa?" Taylor questioned. "Why are you out here?"

"I'm going back home to cook up Miguel a nice dinner." Rosa responded with her thick accent.

Taylor gave the woman a nod. "Well, I was just heading out. I figured it'd be best to just let Miguel be with his family for now."

Understanding, Rosa dropped her hand from Taylor's shoulder and looked behind her at Miguel's room. "I think he'd want to see you." She stammered before looking back at Taylor.

Taylor nodded once more before looking at the room as well. She wanted to see Miguel, she really did. But this wasn't the time for that. "I'm not sure, Rosa. I think he'd want to see his family in this time." She said softly.

Rosa sighed before giving Taylor a light smile. "I understand." And then the woman left.

Pursing her lips, Taylor looked up at Miguel's room for the last time before hurrying back outside to Quinn's car, where the girl waited patiently.

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

"So, he's really awake, huh?" Quinn asked as they started to drive back to Taylor's apartment.

"Yeah, he is," Taylor said, looking out the window.

"This'll be all on the news. y'know?" Taylor frowned before looking at Quinn, who had a grin on her face. Quinn looked back and furrowed her eyebrows. "What? Did you not tell him he's famous in the valley or something?"

Taylor huffed a breath as she shook her head. "I didn't see him, Quinn. I already said that before, didn't I?" she snapped, looking back out the window.

Quinn widened her eyebrows. "Is it your time of the month or something?"

"No."

"Then stop acting like it is and quit being a grump."

They soon arrived at the apartment block. For Taylor, it took forever.

"Thank you," Taylor said before opening the car door and stepping out. Before she could shut the door, Quinn leaned over and kept the door open.

"What are you doing?" Taylor enquired, glancing at Quinn with a frown.

Quinn smiled. "You left your phone in the car while you were gone and you got a message. Me, knowing your passcode to your phone, opened the message and an interesting text appeared." Quinn pulled the phone out of her pocket and handed it out for Taylor.