08. Called.

3rd person POV:

Sam had invited Taylor over to her house. Even with all the excuses Taylor had made up for her to not go, Sam didn't buy it.

When she got there, Sam was waiting outside of her house. "Finally. I've been waiting ages." Taylor laughed.

"What're you doing out here?" Taylor asked. Usually, when Taylor went over, Sam was inside. Not outside.

"Going to pick up Aisha. I was thinking that we could have a girl's afternoon."

"Sounds fun, I guess." Taylor shrugged.

"K. Leave your car here. We'll come back for it." Taylor followed Sam over to her car and they both got in. Taylor loved Sam's car. Mainly because it had no roof.

Taylor and Sam arrived at the Cobra Kai dojo, which Taylor had only been to a couple of times. Finally, Aisha walked out, and when she did, Sam honked the horn, making Taylor jump a little.

"Hey!" Aisha said as she walked up to them. "What are you doing here? You finally changed your mind and decided to join the Cobras? We still need other girls." Aisha had asked Taylor to join a few times, but she always turned the offer down. But lately she was thinking about it.

"Yeah, right. Um, I was actually coming to see if you wanted to hang out. I was thinking maybe we could go on a hike or we could go to the beach club?" Sam suggested.

"I'd love to, but the guys and I have to go to Hawk's house to watch some movie called Over the Top. Sensei said we have to be ready to discuss, so..." As Taylor was listening, Miguel and Hawk walked out. She didn't have a problem with it, but Sam did. "Do you wanna come with?"

"Uh, yeah, I was sort of thinking it would maybe just be you, me and Taylor," Sam stated. Taylor, on the other hand, wanted to go. She loved seeing new movies. But she also didn't want to upset Sam. Anyway, her car was still at her house and she didn't really have a way back to the LaRusso's house, so she didn't have a choice but to stay with Sam.

"Well, maybe you could just come. It would be good for you guys to talk. Air things out," Aisha suggested.

"I'm gonna take a rain check," Sam stated. Taylor quietly sighed.

"Okay. I'm sorry. See you." Aisha said, before walking away.

"See you later," Taylor said. "Could've been fun, y'know?" She told Sam before sitting back in the seat.

"I might go home. Do you wanna stay, or...?"

"I think I gotta go, too. My room is a complete mess and I have to finish putting everything away," Taylor said, and Sam nodded before driving back.

Keeping herself busy was easy. Taylor cleaned her new room, fully unpacked, and put all her stuff away. While she was going through a small bag, she got a phone call. When she checked who it was, it was her mother. What did she want? Taylor didn't even want to answer. But she always learnt to be respectful, so she clicked answer.

"Hello, Taylor?" Laurie said.

"Yes?"

"I've been calling you for days! Where have you been? I've been kind of worried. Me and Marley have!" Laurie ranted.

"Yeah. You know where I am. What kind of question is that?" Taylor scoffed.

"Sorry. I meant, what have you been doing? Why haven't you been picking up my calls?" Laurie corrected.

"My phone must've been on silent... I don't know." She didn't want to be on this call more than she had to, but it was nice to hear that her mom was okay.

"Don't be smart like that."

"I thought it was good to be smart. Anyway, Kade, Alanna, and Kimberly are coming over in a few days, they said. Did you know?" Taylor asked.

"Yeah, Kim told me."

"Well, have you cleaned up the mess you made, or do you need help?"

"It'd be nice for you to come over, but yes, it's clean."

"Good. I better get going then. My room is still a mess." She lied. It was all clean now, but she wanted to get off the call.

"Okay, but wait. I'm so sorry, okay? I'm sorry for what you had to see. I know that it was a mistake, and you should too. It was just supposed to be one, but I don't know what happened. Will you forgive me?" Laurie explained, hoping that she would be forgiven. But that wasn't going to happen, yet.

"Maybe some other time I will."

"Oh, it wasn't even that bad. It was just a few drinks, and that's it." Laurie said, making the situation worse. Taylor suddenly forgot about respect, and just hung up before an argument broke out. She hated arguing with her mom. 

Word count: 799