06. Liar.

(A/n: I suck at describing fights so please don't mind if the writing is bad.)

3rd person POV

"Mom?" Taylor ran up to her doorstep and knocked on the door 3 times. It was locked, and she didn't have a key. Nobody answered her, but someone was home because the lights were on and a car was in the driveway. A car that Taylor had never seen before. Maybe her Laurie or Marley bought a new one? "Mom!" She repeated as she banged her fist on the door again.

Finally, someone came up to the door and looked through the peephole. It was Marley. "Taylor?" She asked. She opened the door but didn't let her come inside. "What's wrong?"

"Where's mom?" Taylor asked, not answering her question. She tried to walk in, but Marley didn't budge. "What are you doing? Let me in." She tried to walk in again, but Marley still didn't move.

"Look. I don't think you want to come in right now. Hey, let me drop you back off."

"No. I wanna see mom. Where is she?" Taylor stated.

"Inside. She's sleeping right now, though." Taylor didn't believe that. One reason was because there was music playing in the background.

"You let me into my house right now or I'll climb through the window." She threatened. It wasn't so extreme compared to what she actually wanted to do, though.

"I'm going to drop you back off to where you're supposed to be. Why are you even out at this time of night? I thought Laurie said that you couldn't be out this late?" Marley stepped forward a bit.

"I honestly don't care. All I care about right now is me seeing my mom. I wanna talk to her." Once again, Taylor stepped forward and Marley still didn't move.

"Marley!" Taylor heard Laurie yell from the kitchen. "Who's at the door?"

"Mom?" Taylor yelled. She didn't take any time to push Marley out of the way and walk in to the kitchen. When she got in, she couldn't believe her eyes. There were beer and vodka bottles everywhere. There was a bong on the counter, and already used cigarettes on the table too.

"Oh, Taylor." Laurie shut the fridge, putting alcohol in there to hide it from her daughter. But it was too late because Taylor had already seen everything.

"I can't believe this," Taylor breathed as she shook her head. "Why?" She picked up two empty bottles of vodka and looked at them in disbelief.

Soon after, Marley came up behind her. She didn't have an explanation. Neither did Laurie. So they all just stood there in awkward silence until a random man came into the room. He was drunk.

"Seriously?" Taylor dropped the bottles on the floor, making them smash as she walked to the door-but Laurie dashed in front of her and stopped her.

"I'm so sorry."

"You're a liar," Taylor muttered.

"Excuse me?" Laurie asked as she pulled her head back.

"You are a liar!" Taylor yelled that time. She pushed Laurie out of the way and stormed out the door. There was no way she was ever going to step into that house full of liars again.

Taylor decided she'd go back to Johnny's apartment. But when she got there, she had a small bad feeling. Mainly because of her dad being angry and leaving her behind. So, as she was at the door, she walked over to Miguel's apartment. Even though everyone was probably going to be asleep, she knocked anyway.

About a minute later, Miguel's mom opened the door. "Hey. Are you okay?" Carmen quietly asked.

Taylor nodded her head, "Yeah. I uh... I need somewhere to stay for a night. Just one, I promise." As she said that, Carmen looked behind her to Johnny's apartment, confused about why she couldn't stay there. "My dad isn't home right now. My mom's house is locked, so I can't get in and I think nobody's there either." She explained, but lied at the same time.