11. Buzzkill.

3rd person POV:

Taylor and Alanna had fallen asleep by the time it was 12am. They wanted to stay up longer, but Taylor couldn't.

"Wake up. Taylor, you alive?" Alanna shook her sleeping body for 2 minutes until she actually woke up.

"What?" Taylor groaned.

"You've got like a karate class or something soon. I don't know," Alanna whispered.

"Why are you whispering?"

"I don't know. Here, I've found an outfit for you. It's not really anything because you don't even have much clothes anymore. Just a shirt, exercise leggings, and shoes." Alanna said, as she threw the clothes in her face.

"What are you, a stylist now?"

"I plan to be. Now, can I drive with you to the karate building place and then I'll just shop and walk around until you're done?" Alanna asked.

"Yeah. It's called a dojo, by the way."

"That's what I meant. It's just, I've got nothing else to do. I think Kade's going to meet a friend today, and my mom's gonna hang out with your mom and Marley to got eat lunch. So I'm stuck here."

"Yeah, of course. Do you wanna do something after? I could ask my friend Sam if she would wanna hang out after class today?" Taylor suggested, and Alanna nodded her head.

"Did you know that I know how to make bacon on toast now? I'm gonna go make it for you and me while you get changed. See you in a bit." Alanna walked out of the room, shutting the door behind her, and going downstairs. Taylor immediately got dressed, and she was pretty fast.

Kade was sitting downstairs on his phone, watching gaming videos on YouTube while he ate cereal.

"Dammit, you could've had my bacon on toast." Alanna told him, giving him a fright as she walked in.

"What do you mean?" Kade asked.

"I'm making bacon on toast." She said. Kade immediately placed his bowl of cereal on the other side of the table and got up.

"Can you make me some?" He asked.

Alanna looked at the bowl and back at him. "No, you've already eaten."

"What? That isn't mine. I was just looking at it." Kade lied.

"Well, that's strange. I've never met someone who likes inspecting bowls." Alanna stated.

"Please? I'm still starving."

"I'll give you a piece of bacon." She said.

"That's nothing. I'm not a dog," Kade complained.

"You get something... or nothing." Alanna shrugged.

"Fine." Kade sat back at the table and took back his bowl of cereal, finishing it off. Taylor then came downstairs, all dressed in the clothes Alanna picked out for her.

"That was fast." Alanna said.

"What did you sense that I was behind you or something?" Taylor couldn't even hear her own footsteps. Even Kade didn't hear her come down.

"Maybe. But, no. I've just got amazing hearing. Unlike Kade over there. When he has headphones on, he puts the volume up really high. I think he gets one percent more deaf every time he does it," Alanna said, as she pulled out a packet of bacon from the freezer.

As Taylor was about to make a whole statement about how Kade would be fully deaf by the time he would turn 80, Marley came downstairs. Taylor looked at her, then looked back at Alanna, rolling her eyes in the process. Luckily for her, Marley didn't notice.