18. For no reason at all.

3rd person view:

Taylor had to sleep on the floor since Sam took her bed, and Robby took the couch. Taylor thought that Sam had no right to sleep in a bed after what she had done, but she didn't say it out loud.

On the floor by the couch, Taylor silently lay, waiting to fall to sleep. But Samantha LaRusso kissing Miguel kept playing over and over again in her mind. It was bothering her. Also, Robby's annoying breathing was another reason why she couldn't fall asleep.

Not knowing that Robby was still even awake, he scared the life out of her when he spoke.

"How was the party?" Robby asked. Taylor looked up at him casually, even though her heart was beating as fast as a cheetah running.

"Fine. It was fine," Taylor responded.

"I'm starting West Valley tomorrow. I think it'll be fun," Robby informed her.

"It won't be. School sucks."

Robby snickered, "Sure. But, I'll be with Sam. So, that's a positive."

Taylor sighed and rolled her eyes. "Yeah." She was itching to tell him, but she knew that it wasn't even her business to tell. But it wasn't fair to him at all. It wasn't fair to Tory, either.

"So... how's that Harvey guy? Is his name Harvey?" Robby asked, finally breaking the one minute silence.

"Yeah, his name's Harvey. And he's good. I like 'im." Taylor told him.

Robby slowly nodded. "You... like him?"

"Yeah." Once Taylor realised what he meant, she immediately grimaced. "No, no! Not like that."

Robby smirked, "Sure. You seem to be very close to him."

"No. I meant I like him in a friend way. Not the way that you're thinking of," Taylor affirmed.

"Right. So you don't like him in that way?" Robby questioned.

"No, I don't," she responded.

"Okay, goodnight." Robby turned on his side and shut his eyes, starting to doze off.

Since Taylor's eyes were heavy, she did the same. Once she shut her eyes, she started to fall into a non-deep slumber.

Taylor woke up to loud sizzling coming from the pan. She groaned as she sat up.

"Dad?" Taylor said as she stretched her arms out.

Johnny looked back at her and gave her a smile. "Cookin' breakfast. Want some?"

"Sure," she stood up from the floor and went over to the counter, "Why didn't you wake me up sooner?"

Johnny shrugged, "I tried. I said your name like... twice. But, you didn't wake up, so I gave up. You must've been in a deep sleep or something." Johnny's phone suddenly chimed and a notification showed up on the screen. It said that a new update was now available. "Another new update? I just got this."

"Hey," Robby said as he walked to the kitchen. Taylor looked back and gave him a smile. Johnny put his phone back on the countertop and looked over at him. "Thanks for letting us crash here last night."

"It's no problem. But, look, I'm gonna have to tell LaRusso about this. It's his kid." Johnny stated.

"Please don't. If he sees her like this, it'll crush him." Robby pleaded, "Let me take the blame. I'll say I got drunk and told Sam to bring me here."

Taylor disagreed. Sure, Daniel LaRusso was a good man, but his daughter wasn't always a good woman. Taylor thought that a good punishment for Sam would involve her getting grounded. Maybe that wasn't enough.