Chapter 34: Return of the Priestess, Kikyo!

Emi's pov

I held onto Inuyasha tightly, who luckily landed on a tree branch and then landed softly on the ground. "Okay Emi, you can let go of me now." He said, "Sorry.." I apologized, stepping back from him. "It's alright." He stated, his eyes softened as he looked at me. He had no clue that I had witnessed the demoness take Kagome, it was getting harder and harder to keep her safe from all these demons. I need to do better at protecting her, I can't expect Inuyasha to save her all the time. In reality, Inuyasha shouldn't always be the one to save her. He is usually busy fighting the big bad, I need to be to one to save Kagome before he has to. "Where is Kagome? And Shippo and Kaede?" He asked, both of us looked up to see a gigantic leaf falling from the sky, I quickly moved over and the leaf crushes Inuyasha. When it landed, I sighed in relief to see Shippo and Kaede sitting on the leaf. "I wonder if Inuyasha and Emi are all right." Shippo looked around, his eyes lighting up when he saw me. "Emi!!" I gave him a light smile, "He wouldn't die so easily. Neither would she." Kaede spoke, "She's right, you know." I nodded my head in agreement and before I could say anything else, Inuyasha crawled out from under the leaf. "Hey, you guys...!"

"Inuyasha, so there you are!" Shippo raised his arms and the leaf pops back into its original size, my ears twitched as I heard something and looked to see the clay warriors that fell with us stand up. "What the hell? They fell from that high and still are moving?!" I exclaimed, Shippo rushed over to me as Kaede got to her feet. "So, you haven't had enough?" Inuyasha unsheathed Tetsuiga and attacked, eventually taking them all out with no help. "Where's Kagome?" Inuyasha asked, my ears flattened as I looked away from him. "That demoness stole her away." Shippo said, "Then, she wasn't thrown to the ground and killed?" Inuyasha asked, "No. The demoness took her." I said, Kaede walks among the clay warriors. As she does, light orbs appear on their backs and float upwards. I watched in complete awe as I had no idea what the orbs were, things in this time period keep surprising me. "Soul...?" Kaede questioned, it was like she knew what they were. "Hey Kaede! What's going on?" Inuyasha asked, "Human souls were being used to move these puppets. Not only that..." She puts her hand into a warrior, "Bones have been baked into them." She explained, making me grimace.

"Bones...?" I asked.

"She uses bones... That Urasue. Bones and souls. She stole my sister Kikyo's remains, and Kagome." Kaede walks up the cliff and winces in pain, "Don't strain yourself. I'll recover Kikyo's bones for you." Inuyasha said, "I'll go too." I spoke up, there was no way I was letting Inuyasha do this all by himself. "We haven't got much time, I fear. We may well be meeting up with Kikyo soon." I stood in complete shock as she said that, there was no way that demoness was going to resurrect Kikyo using Kagome. "Meeting Kikyo...?" Inuyasha questioned, he looked shocked to the core and it worried me. "If Urasue uses her tricks to reincarnate Kikyo, she will become a formidable foe." Kaede said as she looked up with a determinated look on her face. "We have got to stop her." Inuyasha looked at me and even though he was in shock himself, he seemed more concerned about me than I was at the moment. Both of us were concerned with each other's problems, caring more about the other than our own.

"We're gonna get her back before anything happens. I promise." Inuyasha put a hand on my shoulder.

We set out to climb up the cliff, heading to get Kagome. Inuyasha was ahead of me, leaping up the cliff and piggybacking Kaede. Shippo was on my back as I followed behind him, Inuyasha landed heavily ahead of me. "Ow..." Kaede grimaced in pain, making me look at Kaede and Inuyasha. "Hey, Inuyasha! Can't you fly more gently?" Shippo quipped, sounding annoyed with Inuyasha. "Sorry. I thought time was critical." Inuyasha snapped back sarcastically, "Don't worry about me. Get me up there, hurry!" Kaede said, "Are you sure, Kaede?" I asked, "Yes, let's go." We continued up the cliff, I just hope we get to Kagome before that demoness kills her.