049, questions, questions and more questions!

HARRY WAS QUICK TO ASK the question that has been bothering him for the last month

HARRY WAS QUICK TO ASK the question that has been bothering him for the last month. "Where's Voldemort?" He asked. "What's he doing? I've been trying to watch the Muggle news, and there hasn't been anything that looks like him yet, no funny deaths or anything—"

"That's because there haven't been any funny deaths yet — Apart from Elijah's parents, but they ruled their deaths as a suicide," said Sirius. "At least that's what we know, and we know quite a lot about it all."

"More than he thinks we do, anyway," Remus said.

"How come he's stopped killing people?" Harry asked.

"Because he doesn't want to draw attention to himself," Sirius replied. "It would be dangerous for him. His comeback didn't come off quite the way he wanted it to, you see. He messed it up."

"Or rather, you messed it up for him," said Remus, with a satisfied smile. Cerise stiffened in her seat. His comeback... Cedric... Remus grabbed her hand and held it tightly.

"How?" Harry asked in confusion.

"You weren't supposed to survive!" said Sirius. "Nobody apart from his Death Eaters was supposed to know he'd come back. But you survived to bear witness."

"And the very last person he wanted alerted to his return the moment he got back was Dumbledore," said Remus. "And you made sure Dumbledore knew at once."

"How has that helped?" Harry asked.

"Are you kidding?" said Bill incredulously. "Dumbledore was the only one You-Know-Who was ever scared of!"

"Thanks to you, Dumbledore was able to recall the Order of the Phoenix about an hour after Voldemort returned," said Sirius.

"So, what's the Order been doing?" said Harry, looking around at them all.

"Working as hard as we can to make sure Voldemort can't carry out his plans," said Sirius.

"How d'you know what his plans are?" Harry asked quickly.

"Dumbledore's got a shrewd idea," said Remus, "and Dumbledore's shrewd ideas normally turn out to be accurate."

"What does Dumbledore reckon he's planning?" Cerise asked quietly, her leg bouncing up and down anxiously. As George placed his hand on her thigh to keep her leg still, Cerise could feel her stomach turning in all different directions, except it felt good this time.

"Well, firstly, he wants to build up his army again," said Sirius. "In the old days he had huge numbers at his command: witches and wizards he'd bullied or bewitched into following him, his faithful Death Eaters, a great variety of Dark creatures. You heard him planning to recruit the giants; well, they'll be just one of the groups he's after. He's certainly not going to try and take on the Ministry of Magic with only a dozen Death Eaters."