Chapter 34-𝓕𝓸𝓸𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓓𝓮𝓿𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷

𑁍~~☆~~𑁍
"Yᴏᴜ sᴀʏ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ,"
"Wʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏ ᴅᴏ ɪ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ?,"
"Aɴᴅ ' sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴏᴘɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴜɴᴅs ᴡɪʟʟ ᴄʟᴏs,"
"'Cᴀᴜs ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ʜᴜʀᴛɪɴɢ..."
𑁍~~☆~~𑁍

𝗟𝗨𝗞𝗘'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩 ♡︎

In the wake of Carlos' unsettling abduction, the palace buzzed with a newfound paranoia. Whispers of double agents sent shivers down the spine, casting a shadow of suspicion over everyone within the walls.

Haunted by the horrors that had transpired, Luke found it impossible to surrender to sleep. Instead, he often paced the corridors near Julie's chambers, scanning every overlooked corner.

Carlos' security had been upped tenfold, but within the chaos no one had seen to the same for the Princess. Sure, she could drop a man with a flick of her wrist where the Prince couldn't, but who would make sure she didn't have to?

He didn't mind the lack of sleep either, and even when exhaustion clawed at his body, Luke refused to go to bed. If anything he could just take naps during his breaks. It wasn't like Julie was talking to him enough for them to write anyways.

Every night he stationed himself outside her room, perching in the windowsill, dozing lightly in the quietest hours. He didn't pay heed to Alex and Reggie's complaints. He didn't mention it to Julie. Because something constantly nagged at him.

The Prince hadn't seen who'd abducted him, and Luke couldn't shake the feeling of that danger still lurking somewhere within the castle walls.

——————————

The forest floor crunched under Luke's boots as he stalked through the dense undergrowth.

Sweat beaded on his brow. He forced his ragged breathing to regulate. He was hunting slash avoiding Knox, their combat exercise having turned into a tense game of cat and mouse.

They'd been set in opposing teams with the goal to disarm the enemy of a training knife. Slowing down to look around for the first time, Luke realized that pointy-eyebrow boy had pushed him much further into the woods than he'd thought.

Nothing but gnarled oaks and thick undergrowth surrounded him, and it usually would've been peaceful.

But something was off.

Knox targeting him was no surprise of course, Luke would've done the same, but this separation from the others felt...purposeful.

"Well someone sucks ass at hiding," a cold edged voice behind him.

Luke whirled, faux blade lifted to find Knox standing just a few feet away.

A glint of metal in his hand caught the sunlight filtering through the trees. Luke's stomach dropped as the blond grinned dangerously.