• Chapter 7 •

I dropped my fork on to my plate and stared at Matthew with my mouth wide open. "What?" I asked still in shock after 3 minutes of silence.

Matt grabbed my hand and held it in his. "Jess I like you. I can ever stop thinking about you. Somehow you always find a way to get stuck in my head. Everything you do is perfect to me. The way you talk, the way you walk, the way you smile, the way you roll your eyes at anyone who annoys you, the way you stand up for yourself, everything about you invite me in. You're my drug Jess. You're so addicting, I can't handle this anymore." He cut himself off by leaning over and smashing his lips on mine.

I didn't know what to do. I was in shock yet again from his beautiful words. I just smashed my lips even hard on Matthews. He pulled away and rested his forehead on to mine.

"Please Jess, please be mine. I've been waiting ever since the 3rd grade. Please, be mine, and I'll be yours." He grabbed my hands and intertwined them.

I didn't respond I just cupped his face and brought it closer to mine. I planted small kisses around his face and set the last kiss upon his lips. The kiss was soft yet rough.

I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer, while he rested his hands on my hip.

We were in mid kiss till I heard my phone ring. I pulled away from Matt and looked at the caller ID. It was Lindey.

Colton.

I quickly slide the bar and frantically yelled into the phone. "Is it Colton? Is he okay is he okay?"

"Shhh Jess. Everything is okay. Colton just woke up 10 minutes ago. He's doing fine. But he's asking for you." Lindsey said.

Tears started pouring down my face yet again for the millionth time today.

Matthew took a step forward and set his hand on my shoulder sending me a comforting smile.

"I'll be there soon." I said and hung the phone up.

"What happened Jess?" He said looking straight into my puffy eyes.

I crashes him into a hug and cried in his chest. "He's okay. He woke. And he's okay." I choked out.

"Then why are you crying babe?" He said stroking my hair. "I'm just so happy." I smiled.

"Wanna go see him?" Matt asked. I looked up at him and nodded my head smiling.

I pulled out of his grasp and walked over to the mirror. I let my pony out and shook my hair. I slipped my maroon beanie on and walked over to the front door. I slipped my maroon Vans on and grabbed my purse.

We walked out of my apartment and I locked the door behind me and threw the key into my purse.

We walked down to the front door and walked to Matt's car.

He started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot. Matt grabbed my hand and wrapped it in his.

He looked over to me and smiled. I leaned over and planted a small kiss on his cheek.

About 30 minutes later we arrived to the hospital. It took us longer because we stopped to get Colton a balloon and a card.

We walked up to Colton's room and saw all the boys. And by all the boys I mean JJ, Gilinsky, Taylor, Cameron, Shawn and Nash. They all ran over to me and grasped me into a hug.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked surprised. "We heard what happened and we wanted to come over and comfort you and see how our man Colton is doing." Cameron said looking over at Colton for a second. He was currently sleeping.

"That's sweet, but don't you all have MagCon M&G's to attend?" I asked leaning against Matt's chest.

Nash's eyebrows raised as he saw the way I placed my head on Matt and how he wrapped his arm around me.

"W-what's going on here?" Cameron stuttered pointing his finger between Matt and I. I looked up at him and he smiled.

"Damn! Matt finally had the balls to ask the girl he's been obsessing over since like the 3rd grade out!" Taylor said smiling like an idiot.

Matt's head looked down and he smiled. His cheeks turning a light shade of pink. Taylor came up to him and patted him on the back. "I'm proud of you man." "Yeah yeah shut up Tay." Matt laughed.

We were all talking and laughing about random things and there were all asking us questions about our relationship. "Guys just chill out! We've been dating for like an hour." I giggled.

Everyone was talking besides Cameron. He just sat in his chair cringing at everyone. Geez what crawled up his ass?

"You okay Cam?" I asked placing my hand in his knee. He quickly smacked my hand off. Leaving me with a sting going up my arm. "I'm fine." Cam spat out.

I looked down and rubbed my hand trying to relieve the pain. Matt noticed and scowled. "Don't hit her." Matt hissed at Cameron.

"Whatever." Cam shrugged. Matt picked me up off his lap and stood up. "If you have a problem with my girlfriend, you have a problem with me." Matt scowled at Cameron.

"Sit your ass down Matt. We all know I would beat the shit out of you." Cameron said not taking his eyes off his phone.

"Just leave it Matt. I'm fine." I said grabbing his forearm. "No, I'm not gonna 'leave it'. He hit you. Only a dumb ass would hit a girl." He scowled looking at Cameron once again. "I barely even hit her! Chill the fuck out Matt." Cameron said.

"Seriously Matt, I'm fine." I said pulling him down. Matt sighed and pulled me onto his lap.

He pressed his forehead onto mind and took a big breath. "I don't want anyone or anything to ever hurt you. I finally got the girl of my dreams and I don't want anything bad to happen to you." He whispered.

"You're so protective Matt." I whispered while giggling. He pressed his lips onto mine. I instantly kissed him back. He held me tight and pulled me closer.

"Okay Matt, I would really like it if you didn't swap saliva with my sister right in front of me." I heard JJ speak.

We both pulled apart and laughed. "No. Not funny. Gross." JJ said shielding his eyes.

"Jess." I heard a faint voice whisper. We all looked around the room. "Who was that?" Shawn asked. "Jess." The voice said again.

I looked over and saw Colton staring at me with a pained expression written on his face.

Everyone go check out my best friends new story! It's grand JennaM_M

And yay! Double update! Stay coral 😉