• Chapter 6 •

Ending of chapter 5:
"Jess we've been friends forever right? And I wouldn't want to ruin that in anyway. So what I'm trying to tell you is-" he was cut off by...
his body shaking out of control. His chest was quickly rising up and down and his arms were swinging. Doctors came rushing into his room. "Ma'am this is a serious problem, you need to exit the room." A doctor said pushing me out of the room.

By this time I had tears running down my face and the collar of my shirt was soaked from me chewing on it and the tears that parted my face. I began running back to the waiting room to Lindsey and John Miller.

I ran into the waiting room and saw Lindsey and John holding hands whispering to each other. I ran over to them and grasped then in a big hug. "I was in the middle of talking to Colton and he had a seizure. He had one right in front of my eyes! He was trying to tell me something, what if I never know what he had to say?" I exclaimed.

No one said anything. Lindsey just looked over at John with pain in her eyes.

I was sitting in the dark maroon chair in the waiting room. Replaying the moments in the room with Colton, the moment I walked in and the moment I was shoved out of the way.

"Jess! Where's Jessica Johnson!" I heard someone yelling. I looked up and saw Matthew and JJ looking at me with sorrow in their eyes. I stood up and ran over to JJ. "He had a seizure J! What if he doesn't make it? I need to know what he was going to tell me! He was in mid sentence. I could never know what he was going to say to me. What am I going to do without him!" I frantically yelled into JJ's shoulder.

"Shh Jess it'll be okay. I promise." He cooed in my ear. I pulled away from JJ and looked at Matthew. "What are you doing here Matt?" I asked.

"I knew you would need a friend." He said pulled me into a hug. "Thank you Matt." I whispered. "Don't thank me. Making you smile is all I need." He said pulling my closer.

I latched onto Matt and cried into his chest. "It's okay baby girl, let it out." He said rubbing my back.

•••

For the past 2 hours I've been sitting right next to Matthew with his arms around me holding me close to him trying to comfort me.

Matthew and I may fight, but he really is a good friend. I've been thinking about him a lot lately. When I was kissing Cameron, Matthew kept popping up in my head.

It's strange to think of him as more than a friend. I've known him since I was a little girl.

I looked up at Matthew to find out he was sleeping. His head was leaning against the wall, mouth slightly parted and small snores escaped his lips.

Matthew was without a doubt adorable. It's strange to think I have feelings for him though.

To be honest, I've never really thought about Matthew as more than a friend, but lately, I've been thinking about him a lot.

I rested my head on Matthews chest. I could feel his heart beat at a steady tempo. I slowly let my eyes close. I was very tired. I haven't slept since I was at the hospital.

"Jess why don't you go home and get some rest. I will call you if anything important happens. You need to sleep." Lindsey said taking a seat next to me.

I nodded my head. I slowly started to get out of Matthews grasp to get up. His eyes opened and he saw me struggling to get up.

"Where are you going?" He asked. "I'm gonna go home and get some sleep." I said standing up.

"I'll come with." He said also getting up and stretching.

We both walked out into the parking lot to his car. He was going to drive since I didn't have my car.

I hopped into the passenger seat of Matthews 2016 black Jeep Renegade. Matthew hopped into the drivers seat and slowly pulled out of the hospitals parking lot.

Matthew grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. I looked up at him to see a soft smile laid on his face.

"He's gonna be okay Jess, I promise." He reassured me.

About 15 minutes later we pulled up to my apartment that I share with JJ and Gilinsky.

I jumped out of the car and started walking to the door. I heard a car door close behind me, I looked back and saw Matt jogging towards me.

He smiled at me and we continued walking to the door. Once we got there I fished my keycard out of my purse and unlocked the door.

We got in the elevator and I clicked the 3 button. Once we go to my floor we turned around the corner and there was my apartment.

I unlocked my door and stepped in. I kicked my shoes off and walked off to my room while Matthew took a seat on the couch.

I went over to my dresser and picked out a pair of black Lulu Lemon leggings, a cream short sleeve shirt and a maroon beanie. I grabbed a fresh pair of underwear and my brand new black bra.

I walked over to the bathroom with my clothes and turned the shower on. I slipped out of my clothes and stepped under the steaming water.

I leaned my head against the wall of the shower and let my tears fall. Loosing Colton would just be the end. He's all I got.

About 25 minutes later I jumped out of the shower, dried myself off and put on my clothes. I threw my wet hair up into a messy ponytail and walked out into the living room to see Matt watching tv.

He looked over at me and patted the seat next to him, signaling me to sit down. "One second" I said walked back to my room to grab a blanket and 2 pillows.

I walked back to the living room and threw Matthew a pillow. "Thanks Jess." He smiled. I laid down next to him and spread the blanket between both of us.

•••

For the past 45 minutes Matt and I have been watching random tv shows and talking about whatever pops in our heads. "Do you want something to eat?" I asked. "Uh yeah that'd be great." Matt smiled at me.

We both got up and walked over to the kitchen. "Is spaghetti okay?" I asked. "Yeah that's fine." He said taking a seat at the counter.

About 25 minutes later Matt and I were sitting at the table in silence eating our food.

"Jess?" Matt asked looking up at me with nervous written all over his face. "Yeah?" I asked. "Well I've been wanting to ask you something for awhile. And I guess now is as good as a time as any." He trailed off.

I looked at him waiting for what he had to say. "Jess, I like you, like a lot. And I would be honored to fill the position of being your boyfriend."

Wow this took awhile to write and edit. I love reading all your comment and guesses about what's gonna happen next! Remember to vote and comment! Maybe even follow!