• Chapter 15 •

Everyone grew silent. "Jess, what is he talking about?" Matt asked me.

My mouth was dry and I was left wordless. "Jess, answer me right now, I'm leaving." Matt's voice raised.

"Jess, I- I thought you told him, I'm so sorry." Colton said. "I'll leave you guys alone." Colton said standing up and walking out of the living room.

"Matt." I said taking a deep breath. "You have to promise me you won't get mad or do anything you'll regret later on." I said.

Matt rolled his eyes. "Just tell me what fucking happened Jessica!" He yelled.

"I'm not telling you what happened till you promise me." I said planning my hands on my hips.

At this moment we were both standing up, him towering over me by at least 5 inches.

"Oh my fucking god Jessica, yes I promise." He scowled. I sighed. "Okay, it happened when Colton was in the hospital and we were all visiting him. Everyone left the room and we were alone, he kissed me." I said looking down.

"What did he do when you pulled away?" He asked. Shit. How am I suppose to tell him that I didn't pull away?

"Well Bailey walked in and we both jumped back." I tried sugar coating it. "Wait, if you both jumped back," he thought. "then that means, you didn't pull away right away." He said. I could hear the pain in his voice.

"Matt it meant nothing I swear!" I said. "You're the only one I love. I love you Matthew Espinosa. Please don't let this change us." I said taking a step forward.

"I uh, I need to go. Bye Jessica."

He turned around and walked out the front door. I watched the love of my life walk out. The one that held my heart, no matter how cliché it sounds, he was the one, I know he was, and I just watched him walk out on me.

***

*** 1 month later ***

"Jess he's not coming back. I told you a hundred times already, he moved away." My brother said sitting next to my bed.

Matt never responds to my messages, calls or voicemails. By the time I got back to my apartment the day shit went down, his stuff was gone.

Ever since it all happened I haven't left the apartment, I rarely leave my room and I rarely go on my phone, only once a day to call Matt, but he never answers.

"He's moved on Jess, I think you should do the same as well." Jack said putting his hand on mine.

"Jack, were still dating, we never broke up." I scowled.

He sighed. "Jess, think about it, he walked out on you, he took his stuff out of our apartment, he doesn't return your calls, he's moved away for fucks sakes! Jess it's time to move on!" He yelled.

"Why are you yelling at me? I didn't do anything! I'm a little stressed out. My boyfriend won't even call me back! I've got a lot of shit on my plate Jack so it would be great if you'd fuck off." I yelled.

He scoffed and walked out of my room.

I grabbed my phone off of my nightstand and turned it on.

My battery was at 2% so I had to be quick. I went into Instagram and searched Matt's name and clicked on his profile.

I clicked his recent photo. He wasn't alone. He was- he was with a girl- and they were kissing.

My phone died.

I pulled the covers off of me and walked over to my bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror.

My hair was everywhere, my clothes were messed up and my face looks like it got ran over.

What is wrong with me?

I opened the cabinet under the sink and grabbed my case.

I opened it up.

There was my old friend.

Shiny and as sharp as ever.

•••

Sorry for the short/crappy update. But I want to say, if you understand what Jess is looking at, I want you to know, it is never the answer. God has a plan ❤️

Update maybe tomorrow 🌚