• Chapter 16 •

*** 3 days later ***

I flickered my eyes open. I starred up at the ceiling. I tilted my head up a little bit and looked around. I was in an unfamiliar room. It wasn't my room or my bathroom- I was in a hospital.

I looked down and noticed I was hook up to multiple machines. My mind flashed back to when I saw Mathew with another girl on Instagram.

I pulled the covers off of me and walked over to my bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror.

My hair was everywhere, my clothes were messed up and my face looks like it got ran over.

What is wrong with me?

I opened the cabinet under the sink and grabbed my case.

I opened it up.

There was my old friend.

Shiny and as sharp as ever.

I sat down on the cover of the toilet and grabbed the shiny and sharp object.

I fumbled against its contacts with my fingers. I took a deep breath and quickly slid the blade across my wrist.

A small whimper parted my mouth. I slide it across again.

Once, twice, three times- twelve times..

Drops of blood dripped down onto my knee. My wrist had multiple slits.

I wasn't sad anymore, I was angry. I fiercely ran the blade against my wrist.

Blood was everywhere now, and my vision was blurred..

I ripped the wires attached to me off. The machines instantly started beeping.

A doctor came rushing in. "Ms. Johnson your awake." He whispered to himself, but I could still hear him. "Ms. Johnson's awake!" He yelled out the door.

He rushed over to me grabbing my arm gently. "Ms. Johnson you need to keep these on, it's the only thing keeping you alive at the moment." He said starring at me straight in the eyes.

Three more doctors came walking in. One took a sample of my blood while the other helped hook the machines back up to me.

I slightly pushed them away. "Please stop, I don't want them." I said. "Ma'am you need these, they are keeping you alive." One named Doctor Cedric said.

"I don't want them on me." I said continuing to take them off. "Ma'am we can't allow that." Doctor Cedric said reattaching the wires.

I really don't want them on. I see no point.

The door slammed open. There stood Matthew- holding hands with the girl from Instagram.

"Sir, you need to get out of the room." Dr. Cedric said. "How is she doing?" He asked completely ignoring Dr. Cedric's order.

"Sir, you need to leave, do I have to call security?" He asked. "I just want to know how she's doing." Matt said getting annoyed.

"Matthew, get the fuck out!" I yelled. Well, I kind of yelled, my voice was very shaky.

"Matt why are we even here? Let's just leave the bitch to die. Let's go." Said the short blond next to Matt.

I'm not going to lie, that did hurt. Matt and the girl both turned around and walked out.

Yup, that hurt even more.

About 25 minutes later I was hooked up to all the machines again, the doctors left, and JJ and Gilinsky were in my room talking with me.

"It seems like forever G." I said. "I know, I'm sorry for not hanging out with you more Jess, you know I like too, I've just been busy with Jack and other people." He shrugged.

"It's okay bud, we'll have a Jack and Jess day when I get out of this joint." I laughed.

"It's a date." He smiled.

JJ scowled at G. "Did I say date, I meant-" he paused. "-I really don't know what I meant, but it's not a date, just two friends hanging out, totally not a date-" "Bro I was just joking chill out." JJ laughed.

The door opened and Matt walked in. "Matthew get out." I said through gritted teeth.

"How are you feeling Jess?" Matt asked. "It's Jessica, now leave." I scowled.

"I'm not leaving." Matt said. JJ and G stood up. "She doesn't want you here Matt. Just leave." G said clenching his fist.

"I'm not leaving my girlfriend." Matt said.

All of us scoffed. "How dare you call me your girlfriend, you left me- you walked out! You didn't respond to my texts, calls or voicemails, you post pictures of you kissing girls on Instagram. Really Matthew! How dare you! You crushed me. You're the reason I'm in here. You're the reason I have cuts all over my wrist! You're the reason why I want to die. You tore me apart. Then you have the audacity to come to the hospital and bring another girl with you! Then say 'I'm not leaving my girlfriend'? Who the fuck does that Matthew? Really, I want to know?" I said taking a gasp for breath.

"I'm sorry Jess." He said looking at the ground.

"Don't call me Jess, just fuck off Matthew! Fuck off." I said turning around and facing the window.

"Jess please-" "Matthew it's time for you to leave. I'm not gonna watch you hurt her even more. You weren't there to watch her suffer, you weren't there to watch her loose weight in an unhealthy manner, you weren't there when all you could here in our apartment was sobs leaving her mouth. When it comes down, you weren't there." JJ said standing strong.

"I'm not leaving!" Matt yelled.

"How about you leave Jess the fuck alone and take your dumbass blond- that by the way was flirting with four of the doctors here and had her shirt unbuttoned so much, I think it's a health hazard. You're unwanted Matt, and JJ and I aren't gonna let you hurt her any more. She doesn't deserve this. So why don't you just leave?" G said taking a step closer to Matthew.

"I told you already, I'm not leaving, so don't try and make me." Matthew said.

"Please, just fucking leave Matthew! Please." I cried out.

I heard him sigh and as I hear his shoes squeak against the floor, the door clicked opened and just as quickly, it shut.

"I'm sorry Jess, G and I are going to make sure he leaves you alone, we're here for you." JJ said kissing my hair.

•••

Crappy update but whatever haha. This book is probably gonna come to an end soon, bc I don't like it and I want it to be over 😂 so yeah expect it to end in the early twenties! Have an excellent week! 💯💪🏽