Part 42

(Next whole day passed as Jungkook didn't come home. He sat on the swing inside a park. Meanwhile, Mark and Jimin arrived. Mark sat in the other swing as Jimin asked him what happened. Jungkook looked down, lost in his thoughts. Mark, concerned, gently prodded)

Mark: "Hey, Jungkook, what's going on? You've been quiet all day."

(Jungkook sighed heavily, staring into the distance)

Jungkook: "My dad wants me to marry Yoona."

(he finally admitted. Jimin's eyebrows shot up in surprise. Mark's face dropped as he looked away)

Jimin: "Yoona? Isn't that a bit sudden?"

Jungkook: "Yeah, I don't know what to do. It feels like everything's moving too fast."

(Mark leaned forward, his voice softening)

Mark: "Have you talked to your dad about how you feel?"

Jungkook: "You know, guys my dad wants me to move on, to find happiness. He thinks marrying Yoona will be good for me, but I... I can't stop thinking about Nehal. It feels impossible to let go."

(Mark nodded sympathetically, exchanging a knowing glance with Jimin)

Jimin: "It's tough, Jungkook. No one expects you to forget someone you love. But maybe... maybe giving it a chance with Yoona could help you find a new path."

Mark: "Sometimes, moving forward doesn't mean forgetting the past. It means finding a way to carry it with you while you build something new."

(Jungkook listened, his thoughts swirling. He appreciated his friends' advice, yet the ache in his heart remained. Deep down, he knew he needed to confront his feelings and make a decision, not just for himself, but for his family too)

Jungkook: "I appreciate your perspectives, guys and I know my dad wants what's best for me. But right now, I don't think I can give Yoona the love and commitment she deserves. What if she will suffer because of me. I want her to have a husband who will truly love her, who will support her and I know I'm not going to be like that."

(Jimin placed a reassuring hand on his back)

Jimin: "You won't know unless you try, Jungkook. Maybe being open to Yoona will surprise you. And if it doesn't work out, at least you'll have tried. Listen to your dad, give Yoona a chance, but be honest with yourself too. Your happiness matters just as much."

( Jungkook knew they were right. It wasn't about forgetting Nehal; it was about finding a path forward that honored his father's hopes while staying true to his own heart. As time passes Mr. Jeon and Yoona waited anxiously in the living room, glancing at the clock as the hours passed. Mr. Jeon's concern deepened with each minute that Jungkook didn't return home)

Mr Jeon: "Yoona, I don't understand why Jungkook hasn't returned yet."

Yoona: "Maybe he needed some time alone, to think things through."

(Mr. Jeon nodded, but his furrowed brow betrayed his inner turmoil)

Mr Jeon: "I hope he's alright. He seemed so conflicted earlier."

Yoona: "I'm sure he'll come back."

( Suddenly main door creaked open and Jungkook entered. He walked towards his father and stood in front of him)

Jungkook: "Dad, I've thought deeply about our family's wishes. I know Yoona is a good match in front of your eyes, and I respect that."

(Mr. Jeon nodded slowly, a faint flicker of approval crossing his features)