XVII // Cigs

Calum

Once I walked outside I pulled a cigarette out of the box and a lighter that was in the pocket of my jacket. It was a bit windy, so I cupped my hands over the cigarette that was now dangling from my mouth, and lit it.

I should've told them to not come out for me, but it would seem even more suspicious, anyways.

The city lights appeared over me, watching some windows light up or light out. All I kept thinking about today was what my mom told me over the phone while the boys were getting ready.

The same sentence kept repeating over in my head.

"Mali got in a crash. She got in a car crash." Then again,

I hung up on my mom after that. I didn't want to hear her cry, I didn't want to hear why or how she got in a crash. And the worst part of all was that I couldn't do anything about it.

Honestly, I only smoke when I'm feeling depressed or stressed, everyone knew that.

"Calum?"

Damn it. I didn't even hear the door open.

I quickly took the cigarette out of my mouth. I looked down at my shoes and huffed, letting some of the smoke out. I didn't want to look at Angel, I knew she was probably disappointed at me.

I still tried to hide it though, just in case she didn't see it.

"Come on, I saw it already.."

I heard her tiny little footsteps coming over to me. She stood in front of me, and wrapped her arms around me.

I dropped the cig, stepping on it first, then wrapping my own arms around her waist.

"Are you okay?" She asked me while looking up at me.

I didn't answer her, I just kept hugging her.

"Please answer me, you haven't been talking all day."

"Mali got into a car crash."

She didn't say anything. She just hugged me tighter. I knew Angel feels depressed right now, too. She was actually pretty good friends with Mali.

"I didn't really feel like telling you guys because I knew you would just give me sympathy."

"It's okay. I get it."

Angel

Calum and I stayed put. We just stood there, enjoying each others embrace.

He smelled of a little smoke, and candy. I don't know why he smelled of candy but I like it.

We heard the door open and we didn't move at all.

"Oh, oops. Just had to check up on you guys in case you ran away or anything." We heard Luke as he stood at the doorway just staring at us.

We hear his footsteps coming closer to us, and before you know it, the hugging turned into a group hug.

Someone's phone rang, and that was the time we all parted from each other.

I knew it wasn't mine, because I didn't bring my phone with me.

Calum reached into his back pocket and grabbed his phone out. He had a worried expression on his face once he looked at the lit up screen that illuminated his face in the dark.

He showed me the screen. I nodded, telling him he should take the call.

He hesitated on answering, but eventually he did.

Since it was quiet, you could hear the person on the other line.

"Honey, did I bother you? You hung up on my this morning.." Calum's mother's voice, Joy, rang through.

"Sorry mum. It hurt to hear the words you said. And it also hurt to listen to you cry."

"It's alright. Mali is holding up okay, she is awake right now if you would like to talk to her."

"Please?"

Calum put his phone on speaker and we heard shuffling coming from the other line.

"Calum?" Mali's voice rang. She sounded a bit weak, but it seemed like she was getting through the situation.

"Mali!" Cal's eyes lit up once he heard her voice. "I'm so glad you're okay. Oh my god, you don't know how bad it was for me today."

I felt Luke nudge me on the arm. "What exactly happened?"

"Mali got into a car crash.."

"Oh, that's why he was acting up today."

Calum talked to Mali and how she was holding up. She said she would have to be in to hospital for quite a while, but the treatment they were giving her was nice.

"So, will you be able to visit me?"

And thats when Calum froze. This was the whole point why he was upset in the first place.

"Mali, I don't know if I will be able to, I mean, with the tour and everything..." He said slowly.

"Don't worry, I understand, you don't want to disappoint anyone." She told him in a sincere tone.

"I love you Mali, stay strong!"

They said they're goodbyes and ended the phone call.

I saw Calum's eyes tear up, and there was no way if you could tell that they were happy, or sad tears.

I put my arms around him and lied my head on my left shoulder.

"Are we doing a group hug again? Or do you guys want a moment."

I pulled Luke by the arm, signaling for him to come in on the hug.

"I'm just glad she's okay."

---------------------------

whoop

so thats that

i have my 5SOS concert today !!! and im so excited you dont even know

thanks for reading !

-yana xx :-)