XX // Leaving

This is a dramatic chapter but I feel accomplished w the ending

I woke up the next morning with an ache in my shoulder from probably sleeping on one side for a long time.

I turned around and saw that Calum was sitting up, watching some movie on the tv.

"Good morning." He says to me when he sees me turn around.

I wait for a while, then I ask him.

"Cal, is our relationship okay?"

"Yeah, I guess. Why?"

"I don't know. There's not much happening anymore and were kind of starting to drift.." I trailed off, keeping my eyes on my lap.

"Look Angel, I like our relationship. And I want to keep this."

"Well you haven't been showing it. You haven't been trying."

"We're both growing so much in popularity now, it's hard for me to do all of this."

"Well, if you can't handle it, why don't we just stop?"

"W-what do you mean?" Calum asked and he finally looked at me.

"You know exactly what I mean, Calum." I say while sighing. "We're busy. We barely have time for each other. So how are we going to have time for a relationship?"

"Angel, please don't do this. I've lost you once and I don't want to loose you again." He says while grabbing my hand.

"Come on, Calum. You've got to agree with me on this. You know this relationship isn't going well right now."

"Please, Angel. We can make this work. It's possible, I believe it." He pleaded.

"Calum, I'm sorry. It's for the best of us." I was beginning to tear up as he still held onto my hand.

I pulled my hand away from his and cupped his cheeks. And gave him and quick, yet passionate kiss.

"I love you, but we can't do this right now."

I got up from my bed and quickly grabbed my stuff. I heard Calum trying to get out of the bed sheets but I was too fast. I ran to the door and closed it. Quickly making my way to the elevator, I could hear the door to the room open again.

"Angel, please!"

The elevator door finally opened and I quickly pressed the button that said "10".

It closed and separated us both.

I dashed over to the room I knew was his, and knocked on it.

"He- Angelica! What the hell?"

Luke helped me into his room and shut the door. I couldn't take it anymore, and I broke down.

"Angelica, please talk to me." Luke sat on the floor next me and pulled me into a hug.

"Luke, I did it again. I let my trust get to me. I let him go." I was sobbing into his shoulder, probably getting his t-shirt stained with tears.

"Shhh, it's okay."

-

After about 20 minutes of explaining what happened with Calum and I while sobbing, I finally managed to stop crying.

"Well, what are you planing to do, now?" Luke asked while giving me a glass of water.

"I'm thinking of going back to LA and finishing up my song there, I think it would be easier for me to concentrate." I said, almost becoming a whisper.