🌹ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 22🥀

Zayn sat staring out the balcony and sighed.

Where are you Louis?

"Penny for your thoughts?" Alex asked making his presence known.

Zayn turned to Alex and ran a finger through one of his wings.

"How does it feel?" Zayn asked.

"How does what feel?" Alex asked confused.

"Having wings." Zayn replied.

"Oh." Alex said surprised.

Zayn had never asked a question like that before.

"Is it nice? To be able to fly?" Zayn asked sadly.

"Yes, it feels amazing" Alex smiled. "But you know it's just like walking. Nothing special!" He added.

"Not for you!" Zayn snorted and looked at the sky again.

"Maybe" Alex said shrugging sheepishly.

"Oh, I got you books from the library by the way. They're by the bed. I got to go before they find this place but be careful." Alex said ruffling Zayn's hair before leaving.

You're a good friend, Alex.

_____________________________________

Liam carefully picked a few roses from the overgrown bushes, trying not to prick his fingers on any of the thorns.

"Are you making a bouquet to hand to the dead King and Queen so that we have their blessings?" Niall asked chuckling.

"Maybe I am. At least their ghosts won't haunt me then but I can't say the same about you, unfortunately!" Liam said putting the roses together.

"You're an idiot." Niall said shaking his head, chuckling to himself.

"Guys! I found a bridge leading to the castle grounds!" Harry said coming back from his little expedition.

"How far is it?" Niall said standing up from the tree trunk he was sitting on.

"About 700 meters" Harry replied.

"I see. Fancy a walk with your good ol' pals, Payno?" Niall asked.

"Sure, I'm done putting it together anyways!" Liam said tying the stems with a vine.

"What is he doing?" Harry asked confused.

"Making a bouquet to give to his dead future in laws!" Niall said rolling his eyes.

"Damn." Harry mumbled shaking his head.

"What are you two whispering?" Liam asked.

"Steps on finding Zayn of course." Harry replied before Niall could open his mouth.

"Oh, good, good." Liam grinned making Niall shake his head.

"Found a pretty guy and quite literally forgot his best friends" Niall mumbled.

After a short walk the guys finally reached the bridge.

"How is the water still flowing?" Liam asked amused looking at the river below the bridge.

"Do you not see the overgrown plants everywhere?" Harry asked surprised.

"How will they grow without the necessary resources? Of course there is water!" Niall added.

"You guys are mean." Liam pouted.

"Sorry" Harry mumbled whereas Niall walked ahead silently.

After an awkwardly silent walk to the castle grounds, the boys looked up at the huge palace ahead them in awe.

"It's almost like people still live here!" Liam said looking at the cleanly maintained gardens.

"Maybe magic?" Niall said thinking out loud.

"Or maybe someone does live here." Harry said pushing the castle doors open and stepping in.