🌹ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 41🥀

Liam wasn't aware when he fell asleep but when he opened his eyes, the first thing he saw were golden feathers making his heart beat faster. Liam blinked a few times to make sure he wasn't dreaming, and that this was all real. He stretched out a hand and touched the feathers. They were real. Liam closed his eyes feeling the very familiar yet lost sensations. The warmth of Zayn's body against him. Zayn's hand wrapped around his wait and Zayn's heart beating rhythmically under his ears as he was laying his head on Zayn's chest. Liam let out a sigh of relief as his lips curled up in a smile. After a few moments, Liam slowly opened his eyes once again and looked up at Zayn's face.

Zayn was asleep. Liam carefully pushed back the hair that had fallen on Zayn's face. How peaceful and vulnerable Zayn looked at that moment! It almost broke Liam's heart thinking of everything Zayn could have gone through. He wanted to ask Zayn all about it. He wanted to share Zayn's pain and burdens. Liam hugged Zayn tighter as he closed his eyes once again, this time trying not to cry.

If someone were to try snatching away his Zayn from him once again, this time he'd kill that person before they could even try!

A few hours later Zayn woke up to find a pair of puppy brown eyes looking at him with nothing but love making his heart skip a beat. He wasn't aware someone could stir up feelings in his long dead heart.

"Finally awake?" Liam said grinning.

"Yeah." Zayn replied. He wanted to smile back but for some reason he felt like crying instead.

"What's wrong?" Liam asked frowning, sensing something was upsetting Zayn.

"I remembered." Zayn whispered making Liam immediately sit up straight.

"You remember?!" Liam asked excited.

"Not everything." Zayn said looking at the ceiling.

"Oh.." Liam said dejected.

"That's fine, tell me what you remember?" Liam asked curious.

"I remember how we met. I remember how I first showed you the waterfall." Zayn said smiling at his memories.

"Both the times you trusted me with your secret hideout without a second thought at our second meeting." Liam said grinning at Zayn.

"I trusted you back then and I trust you right now. I'll trust you till the moment I die." Zayn said looking at Liam. There was nothing but sincerity in Zayn's voice and eyes making Liam tear up again.

"Why are you crying?" Zayn asked sitting up concerned as he cupped Liam's face.

"They're happy tears." Liam said covering Zayn's hand with his as he leaned into Zayn's touch. He had missed it so much.

Zayn stared at Liam feeling weird tinglings in his body.

"What happened?" Liam asked looking at Zayn as Zayn was staring at him in silence.

"You're- you're making me feel." Zayn said unable to believe what he was speaking?

"What?" Liam said confused as he pulled away.

"You're making me feel things I've never felt. Or- I couldn't feel anymore?" Zayn said trying to understand what was happening himself.

"Zayn?" Liam said cupping Zayn's face with both of his hands "What are you feeling?" He asked looking into Zayn's confused hazel brown eyes.

"I-I don't know. I do not understand." Zayn whispered sadly.

"It's alright. Let's figure it out together, okay?" Liam asked and Zayn nodded. "Good, now I want you to describe what you're feeling"

"It- it feels nice. It makes me feel all warm and nice even though it's not really warm outside. It-" Zayn stopped midway as his eyes suddenly started glowing azure.

"Your realised something! What did you realise?" Liam asked encouraging Zayn to continue.

"I'm- I'm feeling emotions!" Zayn said tearing up. "I'm feeling emotions again, Liam." Zayn said choking back a sob.

Liam felt his own vision blur with tears on hearing it. He hugged Zayn tightly as he sobbed in joy. Suddenly Zayn pulled away and cocooned into himself.

"Zayn?" Liam asked confused. There was no joy on Zayn's face anymore. There was only and only pain.

Feeling all kinds of emotions at one go wasn't easy, it was rather painful.

"Why am I like this? Why am I so w-weak?" Zayn mumbled sniffling.

"You're not weak!" Liam replied immediately, surprised Zayn was thinking that way.

"But I am weak. I'm over here, crying like a baby because I can't handle these- these emotions!" Zayn said covering his face in his hands.

"Crying does not indicate that you are weak. Since birth, it has always been a sign that you're alive." Liam said running his fingers through Zayn's hair. "You've been through a real lot, Zayn. If you aren't the strongest one to be alive then I don't know who is! Cry, let all the pain out. I am here. You can talk to me or not but I'm here."

"If I told you about the darkness inside me, would you still look at me like I'm the sun?" Zayn asked looking at Liam.

"I'd pick your thunder, I'd pick your rain, I'd pick your darkness over anyone's sunshine any day!" Liam said caressing Zayn's cheek softly.

"Would you?" Zayn asked surprised.

"Do you trust me?" Liam asked and Zayn nodded.

"Always." Zayn answered honestly.

"Then collapse into me dear. Just once. I promise you'll never have to fall again." Liam said sincerely. Zayn stayed silent, soaking in the words before closing his eyes and sighing.

"Okay, I will tell you." Zayn said letting out a shaky breath as he opened his eyes