𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐍 ➪

𝐿O𝐶𝛢𝑇𝐼O𝛮 : 𝛨O𝛭𝛦

𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐒

𝐶𝛨𝐼𝐶𝛢𝐺O, 𝐼𝐿𝐿𝐼𝛮O𝐼𝘚

𝐂𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞 leaned forward in her chair as she read from one of the letters her father wrote, deep folds could appear from her eyebrows as she was stuck in confusion from the birth certificate.

Dear my First Love,

When you were born I knew you were going to be a Velcro baby I instantly felt in love with how innocent and precious you were, and wanted to protect you from the world and Eugenia, your mother isn't who she says she is and has kept a lot of secrets from not just me but from you also.

I don't know if you seen the DNA Test before this or not, but I still love him and he's still mine, no matter how hard we bumped heads from him wanting to be out all night with the street life, or the names we called each other, I love him.

It hurt me these years having to keep quiet and not say anything to you about it knowing how close we were, she snaked me and her childhood bestfriend.

I didn't leave you and I hope you didn't believe anything in that note. I'm protecting you, they want to to take the closest thing from me, which is you, and I won't let it happen, but this is true, we will reunite again soon, your still my innocent babygirl.

p.s. don't trust anyone, not even family who pop up in coincidental places, your at school as I write this letter to you, letter # 1.

- Love Kevin Chase Cheaves

Folding the letter back, she picked up the next paper seeing that it was pictures of her when she was three years old with her mother, father and Horace.

She decided to save the last letter for later before she opened her vanity drawer lifting up the black container which contained different makeup brushes, slipping the letter underneath so that it would be hidden.

"You still on the phone?" She heard Trevon's voice causing her to look over at her phone forgetting that they were still on FaceTime she picked it up. "Yeah I am." She rasped before clearing her throat.

"Let me see yo' face." He said as he picked his phone up furrowing his eyebrows at the tone of her voice, she had sounded as if she were crying.