Part 6

Knife came out of the mist looking exhausted, with more bite marks and a burn as a bonus, knife used his new scent ability to find the group, but not without infected ones trying to attack him, why were they attacking him? He is infected like them! Maybe they could sense that he was different or something..

"Bring him in!"

"What!? Are you crazy!? He could have turned like paintbrush by now!"

"Shut it silver spoon, I'm sure he didn't. Then he would have charged at us"

Silver spoon got quite, once knife got near pickle and life ring helped him inside, he was tired and just wanted to rest, they set him down on the biggest couch they could find and he immediately fell asleep. The rest were surprised that knife didn't turn like paintbrush, not all crazy and a wanting a thirst of blood, balloon and bot went to treat the new injuries he gotten from that fight.

"I'm starting to think knife is immune to this virus.."

"Why you think that?"

Mephone turned to oj for an answer

"Well he got the infection, but it didn't immediately mutate him. It slowly did but he didn't affect his mind at all, unlike paintbrush and test tube who I observed in the past the virus immediately takes over the host and gives them new abilities as a bonus, not only that his eyes aren't black or white, it's still his blue color eyes just a bit different. And he doesn't have a smile or a frown like the infected. And he still has will"

Mephone looked at oj with an expression that gave the sign 'why didn't you make it shorter?' But he still knew what oj meant, they stayed quiet for a while before oj got up and started to leave the room

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to take a nap, I haven't slept in a while.."

Oj left and Mephone looked at the night sky, even though they are in a life and death situation the night stars stilled shined bright, and the moon glowed brightly. Mephone couldn't help but smile at that, it somehow brought some comfort to him. He also went inside to get some sleep, he pasted and everyone was asleep, knife was still resting while lightbulb, suitcase and balloon slept near him. Mephone also laid near knife before going to sleep like the rest. The next morning pepper, balloon and lightbulb were making breakfast of what they collected. Knife went out to see if any monsters were near the motel while oj made sure the exit was where everyone could escape without the monsters knowing about it.

"I think the electricity in this place might run out soon, lightbulb can you use your electricity to re-power this place?"

"Sure! I don't mind!"

Knife was walking around the town, it was completely unrecognizable. That did upset him, he was raised in this town by his parents and continued to live here while the rest of the contestants were slowly moving here. He heard something and that made snap out of zoning out and quickly went to where the noise was.
... Fan and Paper?