Chapter 18

Me and the boys were in the van still. We've been driving for about 20 or 30 minutes. I was getting more and more tired. I think it's because of the flashes and the whole thing because I got a lot of sleep. I wanted to shut my eyes for a minute but I couldn't and wouldn't allow myself to do so! So instead I kept my head on Zayn's shoulder and looked at the boys.. Looked at the boys singing, Louis and Zayn doing some dance in their seats, causing my head to bounce up and down looking like a bobble head!

"Get Liam, show Liam. Liam do the flick, the flick" Zayn said pointing to Liam. Were they recording this or something? I looked around me. Yep, there's Niall recording this amazing car ride. Best car ride ever, I think anyways. These boys are just crazy. I still have no clue where Caitlin is though?

Liam did his little famous flick thingie. How does he do it when he hardly has any hair? It's not buzz cut anymore, it grew out. Now it's like the way it was in Live While We're Young. I thought it looked really nice on him, it makes him look older and much cuter. No, I'm not going on to Liam like that! How dare you!

I started humming the choruse to Live While We're Young. It just popped into my brain and hello there, I'm humming.

"What'ya humming babe?" Zayn asked looking down at me with a smirk.

"Live While We're Young" I laughed.

"TONIGHT LETS GET SOME. AND LIVE WHILE WE'RE YOUNG!!" I shouted out. Ha shout out. I know how Louis said that during their X-Factor diaries.. Caitlin showed me before the whole concert we went to.

-------------

We finally arrived. Zayn told me to cover my eyes. I was hesitant at first but I knew I could trust him. All of us were walking for what seemed like 50 miles. I'm lazy deal with it! Zayn was in front of me, I was behind him holding he's hand tightly. When he stopped, I bumped into him, not knowing he stopped short. Well short for me who has their eyes covered!

"Open your eyes babe." Zayn said into my ear. I smiled gleefully and removed my hand that covered my eyes.

Right in front of me, was the Empire State Building. Your probably wondering, why? Right? Well the thing is, I've always wanted to come here. Yes I live in New York but never got to see it. My family were always too 'busy' or some shit like that. Like I said before I told Zayn everything! Seeing the Empire State Building was one of the things I told him. The thing I don't get is, I thought we weren't in New York anymore?

"Hey guys, I thought we weren't in New York anymore?" I said or asked my thoughts.

"Sam, we drove all the here. Zayn told us how you never saw the building so we took you here." Liam answered.

I brought the boys into a group hug and thanked them. This was so cool! I felt like an ant next to it. It was huge! I stood there starring up at the building, taking in the height and all the floors. I felt strong arms wrap around me and a head fall onto my shoulder. His sweet smell lingered in the cool spring air. I closed my eyes and took everything thing in, his smell, the sounds, the wind, the city everything. It felt amazing.

"Enjoying your birthday Sam?"

"Of course" I turned around.

"Thanks." I added.

"For what?" Zayn asked, looking down at me.

"For everything. For giving me the best birthday ever." I answer him, in all honestly.

"Your welcome babe. "

"Zayn?" I ask.

"Yes?"

"I love you so much, I'm happy I went to that concert with Caitlin. It changed my life, I know it sounds corny but it really did." I say, looking down while saying the last thing.